The Song Birds were back

But they avoided the chickens.

That is a piece of pancake that bird is making off with.
20201028_140756(0).jpg

They were endless entertainment for someone today.
20201028_213132.jpg

Then the big ones would run the song birds off and then the stare downs would start.
20201028_213320.jpg

Davis had a very enjoyable day. šŸ„°

I'm please to report Scooby was a star patient at the vet. He does has an infected sore on his gums. The vet couldn't say for sure what caused it, but a mouse bitting his is totally possible.

View attachment 2389889
He was very relaxed and purred the entire time. The vet even commented on what a sweet kitty he was.

Taz decided to go belly up tonight andi just had to share!! Lol

View attachment 2389892
He's another love bug! His legs are 10" long from his elbow to toe tips. He is very tall and athletic.
Sweet kitties and well done, Scooby!

No Freeloading Allowed

Chickens like to work for their food. If you have ever seen a chicken scratching while eating from a feeder and wondered why? It is this instinct to work called contrafreeloading that makes them do this.

I have always tried to capture one of my hens doing this. Today Phyllis did it for me. I almost missed it. It occurs right at the beginning of this video. You will see Phyllis scratch once IN HER FOOD BOWL.

No free meals for this lady. She is a hard worker. šŸ‘·ā€ā™€ļø

Dorothy is the QUEEN of this. Between scratching and beaking out, Iā€™m amazed she actually EATS anything.

Last edited:
Union negotiations can be quite tricky. @RoyalChick has even survived a strike this past year. Be careful! :oops:

She definitely looks ready to lay. What a beautiful girl! It is so nice to have another leghorn in our group. šŸ„°
And a white leghorn at that, right Bob? ;) (Though Iā€™m partial to brown leghorns) :)

The Eye of Phyllis

All this hurricane talk on the news has me think eye of the storm metaphors for Phyllis' molt. It appears that Phyllis' molt has reached her head and has inadvertently improved her eyesight. I can see her eyes for the first time since she arrived. I do think it would help her greatly if those feathers never grew back. I wonder if other Polish owners trim them? I am very scared to put anything pointy near her eyes. She is always surprised and jerks a lot. I would hate to damage her sight while trying to improve it.

Check out how easy it is to see her eye.
View attachment 2390273View attachment 2390274View attachment 2390275
Hi, Phyllis! How nice to see your face!

Back
Top Bottom