I’m sorry if I’m being a thread hog today. I’m just so excited to be home, not working, taking care of my flock and my family. I really, really, really, really needed a break from work. Anyway, the flock is acting normal now.
You are no hog. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing your flock. More please. :D

Bob, do you wanna know a meat treat that my flock is absolutely crazy for? Beef liver! I got it at first when Roxy got really anemic… Remember when her intestines were bleeding? Anyway, I had no idea, because I had never purchased it before, but it is super, super cheap! By cheap, I mean inexpensive. And it’s an amazing iron boost. My flock goes absolutely crazy for it. I cut it into tiny little cubes and I control who gets a bite at a time.
That's an idea. I may try that. Thanks!

They normal just get what I have laying around the house. I don't normally buy just for them.

I think something really scared my flock. Yesterday I had trouble getting them home when I let them go over to my neighbor’s yard. They would not come when called. I had to go over and hand carry one home at a time , except for a few who came at the beginning. Currently, the gate is wide open and more than half of them are choosing to stay inside the run. This is really unusual behavior for them.
Whatever it was, hopefully it stays gone now! Beautiful flock and I love your setup for them! :)

I’m sorry if I’m being a thread hog today. I’m just so excited to be home, not working, taking care of my flock and my family. I really, really, really, really needed a break from work. Anyway, the flock is acting normal now.
I'm enjoying seeing your beautiful girls and I'm sure everyone else is too! I'm glad that you are enjoying your time off! :)

I did just a little rearranging today… There was an outdoor roost that was about chest high. The flock never used it, and I had to duck under it to get into the run. So today I lowered it to about knee to mid thigh height. Now they’re using it! I’m so happy! I also changed roost in the main coop. I had some branches, two at 45° angles in the coop corners and one in between them. I also had them wrapped in towels. The flock liked them, but it was super messy and dirty. So today I took them down, and replaced with another removable 2 x 4 just like the one the babies and Buttercup use. I hope they are OK with the change.

I did just a little rearranging today… There was an outdoor roost that was about chest high. The flock never used it, and I had to duck under it to get into the run. So today I lowered it to about knee to mid thigh height. Now they’re using it! I’m so happy! I also changed roost in the main coop. I had some branches, two at 45° angles in the coop corners and one in between them. I also had them wrapped in towels. The flock liked them, but it was super messy and dirty. So today I took them down, and replaced with another removable 2 x 4 just like the one the babies and Buttercup use. I hope they are OK with the change.
The new roost affects Lucky, Cashew, Roxy, Minnie and sometimes other girls. They’re starting to pile in, so I’ll tell you how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom