I don't think so...🤔 I'm sure someone would have pointed it out if I hadn't noticed for myself, given I've got such a disorganized on~line persona...:p:lau I'm pretty sure mine was a gift. I did make enquiries but no one would say who it was so I'm assuming whoever it was preferred to remain anonymous. I know rjohns is off the hook & I'm pretty sure you & MJ are home free too so I just don't know. It is a complete mystery.

MJ, were you told you were getting a pfm? Maybe Ribh’s pfm was from her interview but someone forgot to tell her.

Surely that would be Il Gatto (or Le Gatte) if Mrs BY Bob is Italian? ;)
Il Gatto it is!

20201124_204342.jpg

I agree, but they’ve been getting little free range time. The only thing I can think of is maybe the hawk knows my vehicle and that they get to come out if I’m home during tge day.
Something else has routed the hawk that way every day. Rabbits, squirrels, rats, something.

A Better Day

Let me start by pointing out that the conditions were much improved today. It was a little warmer with a lot of warm sunshine and no wind. The ladies took advantage of it today.

We started by hanging out on the patio this morning. I chose the patio because it has full sun. And then I pulled out the big guns to try and cheer this lot up, PURPLE CORN. There has been no purple corn at TSC for months. I saw some the last time I was there and grabbed the last bag. I have been sitting on it for weeks so they would finish the yellow corn which I had gotten for them. Today I said, "why not!" and grabbed the bag when I headed out. I could almost swear Hattie screamed for joy when she saw others eating it. She did make some sound of recognition and bullied her way through Sansa, Phyllis and Lilly to get dibs on my hand.

Everyone was more active and hanging around with me in the sun. Here are few candid shots.
View attachment 2423940View attachment 2423939View attachment 2423937

And how about these two hanging out near to each other.
View attachment 2423938

Later in the afternoon I went out to take them a treat. All 6 of them were laying in the sun dustbathing together. I felt so bad interrupting them.

View attachment 2423943

Only 3 were willing to give up their bath for snacks!
View attachment 2423944View attachment 2423945

These three stayed in their warm dusty holes.
View attachment 2423947

Afterwards, these two hung out for a while.
View attachment 2423955

Some observations from the day.
  • Hattie is quicker to peck than she usually is. Hattie growls less, pecks more when food is involved. Sansa and Sydney both got nabbed by her today
  • Aurora is much less aggressive when going after food and quickly gives way to Lilly. Aurora used to respect the pecking order only to a point and was not shy about taking food from Lilly. That did not happen at all today. In fact she was even flinching when Lilly looked at her and would back away even when Lilly was not interested in her.
  • Aurora is still favoring her leg. She did run around early in the day but by roosting time you could tell it was sore.
  • Aurora is not chasing anyone at roosting time and just waits until everything is settled inside before she goes in now and simply roosts.
Tonight's roost photo.
View attachment 2423968
I am so happy that things seem to have calmed down. It really seems like Lilly has said to Aurora 'enough is enough' and instructed Hattie to be a more vigilant #2.

I am so happy that things seem to have calmed down. It really seems like Lilly has said to Aurora 'enough is enough' and instructed Hattie to be a more vigilant #2.
I wondered what would calm Aurora. I never envisioned that getting beat up by Hattie would solve it. I still worry that this is a result of Aurora being hurt and that she is not over it yet. I guess only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom