Nice!! My hubby, Rich, has a 1998 Chevy 1500, if you have any questions let me know!!! He can fix them with his eyes closed too, sorry we're so far away.
Thanks, we got the caliper replaced and made it halfway down the farm before the seal blew on it. (The brand new caliper!) so we decided best course of action was to just take her into the local shop now that the island has a mechanic again. Good thing because we are not equipped to deal with replacing all the brake lines and rotors here. Heck, I’m lucky if I can find a safe place to change a tire when I get a flat!

OMG!!!! That was hilarious!! If it shows up at my friends house again she's going to call me, maybe I'll catch an Emu...
And know we all truly know that the “Crazy” moniker in your handle is accurate! :lau Although I still prefer to use the term “Sanity deprived” personally. Less stigma, and people always get offended when I call them crazy for some reason. I don’t know if they are confused, in denial, or just don’t understand the compliment.:D

OMG!!!! That was hilarious!! If it shows up at my friends house again she's going to call me, maybe I'll catch an Emu...
“Ok... we’re going to need a big compost bin and 5 more people.” I would suggest drawing straws ahead of time to settle who will be performing the take down maneuver, but then the lucky winner may not be able to “make it” the sighting. Do bring someone dedicated to observe/record the event and call 911 in the event of an injury! Lol. I’m sure with adequate time, feed, and patience you can tame it...

“Ok... we’re going to need a big compost bin and 5 more people.” I would suggest drawing straws ahead of time to settle who will be performing the take down maneuver, but then the lucky winner may not be able to “make it” the sighting. Do bring someone dedicated to observe/record the event and call 911 in the event of an injury! Lol. I’m sure with adequate time, feed, and patience you can tame it...
But how is it going to fit through the chicken coop door? :confused:If it’s allowed to live?

This is one of the few times I'm thankful for my curves!! I have plenty of weight on me plus I can still jump.

As a newbie, and a general control freak, I am coming to understand that it may be that to a certain extent these things with chickens are beyond our control, and even more so than with some other animals, because chickens are a prey animal and they are so good at hiding their ailments, until they are right at death's door. But I also see that many things are not controllable, even when we know what is going on ahead of time. A lot of these ailments are due to systemic failures that are not curable. We cannot fix it, and more importantly, no one can fix it.

Sometimes, the most anyone can do, and the most anyone - including yourself - can and should expect from you, is to give them love and comfort when it is clear there is no more to be done. You performed that care very well.

I may understand your feeling of shock and devastation, having cared for someone's health myself and not been able to change the course of disease (in both humans and pets). It is very hard to accept this devastation, and there's a part of our brains that wants and needs to find a reason for why we feel so bad, and it is easy to get into a coulda-shoulda world of blame. Don't go there. It took me awhile to understand that that can be part of the nature of grief. It takes time, and living through it, to deal with it. You need to grieve for her and yourself, for your loss of your companion. Try to remember to be kind to yourself in this process. :hugs
Well said! :love
Also, I think I commented on this before. I am so incredibly behind I will never catch up.
Also, I am lost.
🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom