Here you go @Kris5902 I finally managed to get a picture. The one showing him with his head under my arm didn't come out unfortuantely. I'll try again. It's so sweet.
View attachment 2505044View attachment 2505046
That is quite the lump he has on his footpad. I’m pretty sure Roostie picked his bumbles up from thistle spines when I put him in the barns last year during a snowstorm. Our Hay is full of them.

I have just checked my required bills for this next month. $$$ Looks like I will have to wait till March to get the chicks I wanted.:(:hit
House payment, car, and airplane registration and maintenance fees. plus other costs, is gonna strap me until March. So.... sorry, but no new chick pics until then.:th

Well if you must wait, I suppose we can as well ;)

Not to interfere, it's your call - have you considered trying a foot pad with a hole in it on Roostie's other foot, to try to help that bumble from becoming worse too? Since he's coming in for treatment anyway. Or are the foot pads too hard to walk on? I'm thinking of the extra stress he may be putting on it due to the right foot's problems.
I did use a corn pad and the drawing ointment for two days, the scab came off, and unlike the “bad” foot there was no additional pus, just the core which I think came out completely with the scab. It was tiny compared to the bad foot’s core and the excessive pus.

Finally cooled enough to be frosted and eaten. Not a bad day :) hopefully chicken pictures tomorrow, too wet today.
20210128_002819.jpg 20210128_002845.jpg

I have to ask, do any of you have a rodent issue in your chicken coops?
I have become a bit obsessed with excluding rodents and I am using the coop cameras to find their entry points and seal up any tiny holes.
I say I am a bit obsessed, but I also really have an issue. I have mice, rats and last night I spotted a mole. I take up the food at night but the Princesses do not have good table-manners, so there is always some snack on the floor.
Funny you say this, was just talking to my husband last night about it.
We used to get a few mice in the roof each winter but since getting the chooks a few years ago, haven’t even had that 🤷🏻‍♀️

When my daughter studied abroad in the Netherlands she hung out with a lot of Aussies and said your system of higher education was much better than ours. What it cost for her to go to law school was astronomical.
When I went to uni you could pay outright or pay by HECS (Higher Education Contribution Scheme) which is basically a student loan for your course fees. You still need to buy all your books yourself.
Until you earn over a certain amount (it was roughly $40,000 per year back then) you didn’t need to repay but once you did earn over that you had to repay at either tax time or you could elect to have it taken out of your wage I believe. Very handy for kids who are coming from a more blue collar background.
This system though is why we have a lot of ‘career students’ who gain a lot of fantastic degrees but don’t put those degrees to use to earn money so they don’t need to pay back the debt until they do.
I probably should have kept reading because someone else has most likely answered with this 😅

In Australia the schools that get it right are the public schools where the more seasoned teachers are incredibly skilled from bringing children along in spite of big challenges like no breakfast, locked out of the house so slept outside, unshowered, violence in the home etc
So true! My school has/had before covid and remote learning free toast every Wednesday morning. It was more for those kids that don’t get breakfast at home but by offering it to all the kids it didn’t single those ones out, the ones that really needed it.
The amount of sandwiches I’ve made in the staff room for kids whose parents/carers just didn’t pack them lunch consistently... such an eye opener. I live in a suburb that has a diverse socio economic community and sometimes it breaks my heart what some students have to deal with at such a young age.

Back
Top Bottom