Thank you, Bob! I just called - the person who answered will consult the doctor there and will call back this afternoon. She did say that it will have some effectiveness but didn't know how much.
Rats. I was expecting it Monday or Tuesday, and we forgot to check the mail Saturday, and don't get notifications of delivery it seems when things come by mail. Oh well!
I called the people at Kineticvet - the Vetasan Ointment 4% chlorhexidine - again, and today they said they haven't done any research on the effectiveness after a solid freeze so couldn't say how effective it is. Online the inactive ingredients are water, coconut oil, fragrance, and glycerin.

I called the people at Kineticvet - the Vetasan Ointment 4% chlorhexidine - again, and today they said they haven't done any research on the effectiveness after a solid freeze so couldn't say how effective it is. Online the inactive ingredients are water, coconut oil, fragrance, and glycerin.
Are you sure it was frozen solid? Glycerin is an antifreeze! It has to be -37°F for a 70% solution of water and glycerin to freeze. It has to be 25°F for coconut oil to freeze. How cold was it that night?

Did you ask them why they have a freeze warning on it if they haven't tested it?

Are you sure it was frozen solid? Glycerin is an antifreeze! It has to be -37°F for a 70% solution of water and glycerin to freeze. It has to be 25°F for coconut oil to freeze. How cold was it that night?

Did you ask them why they have a freeze warning on it if they haven't tested it?
Hmmm no, didn't ask them about their freezing warning, I wasn't feeling very feisty. It was pretty cold, think it was under 10F on Saturday and then it was colder on Sunday! They did ask me how it looked. It is sealed, shall I look?

Why must they put fragrance in everything ?

Phew! Caught up!

So Ester stopped laying almost a week ago. I’m quite worried. Buttercup had egg yolk on her head, so I’m hoping Ester has not stopped, but is laying brittle eggs that are getting eaten. Wishful thinking, I know. But look how awesome she’s looking!
View attachment 2538905
View attachment 2538911

Second photo also has Cashew and Minnie.
I cry photo shop! That simply Cannot be the same chicken. She is looking absolutely amazing, great job nursing her!

Sunrise at the Chicken Palace and Maggie leads an Arctic expedition.

The tracks are fox and a lone deer.

View attachment 2539067View attachment 2539068View attachment 2539069
Yes, there are only two things the white stuff is really good for, sledding kiddos and tracking predators. Although I’m glad mine is almost completely gone, it did afford me tge opportunity to walk the path of the little Danger Bears (Racoons!) and see exactly where they were going. Apparently they travel in semi random meandering circles through the field, around my tractors, but always 4-5’ away from the outer perimeter of the run areas.

Anyone up for almonds? Give’m a month
View attachment 2539593
Wow!!! I’ve heard of the Almond fields, but that picture is just mind blowing. It’s as far as the camera can see. Next we need to get you flying one of those drone thingies to really give some perspective. I’m a little disturbed by the destructive monoculture aspect of it, but it is quite impressive.

Wow!!! I’ve heard of the Almond fields, but that picture is just mind blowing. It’s as far as the camera can see. Next we need to get you flying one of those drone thingies to really give some perspective. I’m a little disturbed by the destructive monoculture aspect of it, but it is quite impressive.
The monoculture aspect surprised me too!

Back
Top Bottom