Strange weather. Didn't know it was going to snow last night. If you can call what happened snow. I noticed the wind earlier, then came a bit of snow. Swirling around. Wasn't sticking. None on the ground this morning. Girls are noisy this morning. They are calling out for their treats early. Corn...or meal worms? Decisions decisions.
We got a coating on our deck. It's been drizzling all morning. I need the sun to come out and melt this stuff away this afternoon

So everyone knows my girls hate to share nest boxes and will fight over their 2 favorite spots to lay. Well Henrietta is back to laying and back to her old habits. After she lays her egg, instead of leaving soon after, she likes to sit in the box, for a few hours causing a backup of very angry hens. She does it for pure spite as this hen has never gone broody. If the box is occupied when she gets in the mood to lay, she evicts the poor hen whether they've laid yet or not. This greatly stressed poor Lola and Bunny 2 of my newest layers. They would pace to the front porch and back to the box causing such a ruckus. The roosters are quieter when they are in the middle of a crow off then those 2 girls. Well since they like the porch, and I had a old wagon that was good for nothing else, repurposed it. Put 2 crates in it and filled it with hay. Today makes day 4 and here are the results, 4 days in a row that all I have to do is walk out the front door for breakfast lol.
View attachment 2547212
View attachment 2547213
It works better as a nest box, then its intended purpose. Who needs a new planter for flowers anyway.
Wow, Talk about "chicken takeout":lau

Back
Top Bottom