Perfect! And so convenient in the morning. You could go the next step and like @Shadrach have a nest box right by the kitchen stove. :lau
I'm really pleased I did it but it does infringe on what one can do some evenings if there is a hen sitting and hatching in the box.
Daytime use is fine if the door can be left open; not something those who have silly minus temperatures are going to be happy about.
The mess can be considerable especially when a new laying cycle starts and the roosters get in the box and chuck the straw around.

Great picture Bob.:clap
I wish more pictures like this were favoured for the pic of week thread.
I don't have what they are looking for. I gave up entering my favorites. It is better knowing that you like it. 😁

That photo is just so Aurora. 🥰

I'm really pleased I did it but it does infringe on what one can do some evenings if there is a hen sitting and hatching in the box.
Daytime use is fine if the door can be left open; not something those who have silly minus temperatures are going to be happy about.
The mess can be considerable especially when a new laying cycle starts and the roosters get in the box and chuck the straw around.
Yes, minus temperatures would limit its usage. 🥶

Back
Top Bottom