It's that rubber grippy under-rug stuff, held on with electrical tape which better than duct tape because it is kind of stretchy and doesn't have threads in it. Poop comes off the gripper stuff pretty easily too, and holds up against pecking for a long time. When they would launch themselves up to a perch it really helped them "stick the landing", not to mention maneuvering around on it.
That perch moved right to the 1/4" front edge of the bicycle box/fir strip within a few weeks, because when they got bolder they dared hop off of it and would teeter on the narrow edge in order to hang out closer. I had wrapped all the fir stripping with box tape to avoid any splinters and it was really slippery for chick feet.

In case you're wondering, the get-up in the back is a vertical waterer set through an under-the-desk wire shelf hung from above. Hanging it and the chick feeder was good because the heights were easily adjustable as they grew.
Very clever! :thumbsup

Thankfully rain is supposed to be over with, dealing with backwater now. Took a walk a few minutes ago and one of the volunteers of our fire and rescue squad was at my bridge. He told me the water is going to continue to rise until 10 a.m. tomorrow. It looks like another sleepless night for me watching the water level. I really hope I'm not moving horses in the middle of the night. I took the camera with me to get a few pictures, high water has brought a few visitors who earlier made a trip in my yard. My chickens were not happy and Drummie quickly ran them off.
DSCN3225.JPG

DSCN3228.JPG

DSCN3231.JPG

DSCN3232.JPG

DSCN3233.JPG

DSCN3239.JPG

DSCN3236.JPG

DSCN3244.JPG

Thankfully rain is supposed to be over with, dealing with backwater now. Took a walk a few minutes ago and one of the volunteers of our fire and rescue squad was at my bridge. He told me the water is going to continue to rise until 10 a.m. tomorrow. It looks like another sleepless night for me watching the water level. I really hope I'm not moving horses in the middle of the night. I took the camera with me to get a few pictures, high water has brought a few visitors who earlier made a trip in my yard. My chickens were not happy and Drummie quickly ran them off.
View attachment 2551106
View attachment 2551108
View attachment 2551109
View attachment 2551110
View attachment 2551111
View attachment 2551112
View attachment 2551113
View attachment 2551114
Whatever happens stay safe. Your farm looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it once evening is green again.

Back
Top Bottom