Thats awful. Could you ask the farmers to let you know when they are going to spray in advance so you could bring your chickens indoors while its going on?
In a perfect world Bob, maybe. but here, farmers don't care about pets. Especially not dogs, cats, or chickens. It's a shame!

Update on Jaffar's condition: The gurgling in his throat, has worsened. I fear for his life. I have given him antibiotics, which helped last time. but I fear I am going to lose him.
He's such a good rooster, and my heart sinks even thinking of not having him around.
(He's one rooster, that does everything right) and He's my buddy! Calling the Veterinarian today, to at least give me some hope.:fl
:fl :hugs :fl:hugs

Update on Jaffar's condition: The gurgling in his throat, has worsened. I fear for his life. I have given him antibiotics, which helped last time. but I fear I am going to lose him.
He's such a good rooster, and my heart sinks even thinking of not having him around.
(He's one rooster, that does everything right) and He's my buddy! Calling the Veterinarian today, to at least give me some hope.:fl
He's tough. I have faith. Can you get him to the vet or is it too far? I would think they would see him as an emergency case. :hugs :hugs

Isn't there some old time saying that if "March came in like a lion, it went out like a lamb"? If so I'm set. Torrential rain last night, and I'm flooded in my holler. I spent the whole night checking the water levels, if they broke the creek bank was going to have to move the horses. Thankfully it only got right to the edge. I'm lucky though and counting my blessings. A LOT of Eastern KY, is flooded, roads destroyed and mudslides everywhere.
I was just going to post this saying! We have had hard winds. Makes it quite chilly here. We get wind in the mornings as it is because we live down from a canyon. So it's pretty hard wind right now. They also say March is the best month for flying kites, too hard a wind for that right now. 🌪️

He's tough. I have faith. Can you get him to the vet or is it too far? I would think they would see him as an emergency case. :hugs :hugs
I should have considered this an emergency yesterday, but he has had this before, and survived. But this time it's bad, continuing to just worsen over night. Vet is 2 hours driving from here. (By experience)! I just HOPE I won't need a group discount! :hit:mad::mad::mad:

Oh no, so sorry. Have you separated him from the others? Probably a dumb question. Sounds like you've been through this before. I hope you can get him through it.

Back
Top Bottom