Something scared the flock again today. I got home almost an hour after sunset. My routine when I get home after roosting is to check the upper coop, count birds and note which ones, then go to the main/lower coop and do the same. I was set to get a good visual on Ruby and Millie, who roost beside each other, and was shocked to count 11 chickens! Dorothy and Roxy had the full 5x5x6 tall coop to themselves and were not snuggled up.:(

Something scared the flock again today. I got home almost an hour after sunset. My routine when I get home after roosting is to check the upper coop, count birds and note which ones, then go to the main/lower coop and do the same. I was set to get a good visual on Ruby and Millie, who roost beside each other, and was shocked to count 11 chickens! Dorothy and Roxy had the full 5x5x6 tall coop to themselves and were not snuggled up.:(
Again! Have you got cameras set up?

@Cynthia12 look what’s on my counter. I did not mean to let the wheat get this long! LOL.
6FB2F93C-2340-446B-BAA9-0DE580160F64.jpeg

I went into town today. I took my camera!
These chickens are out most days I go past the house. I thought I would get a few picture. There are four roosters at this house. Most of the hens are Catalans. There are also some Black Minorcans.
View attachment 2561087View attachment 2561090View attachment 2561095
This is another house I pass. This lot of chickens were in the vegetable garden for a few weeks turning over the soil. The man who owns the plot says he fenced them out last week. Again, these are Catalans and Blck Minorcans.
Yes of course I gave them some walnuts!
View attachment 2561096View attachment 2561097View attachment 2561098View attachment 2561099
They look like happy birds! At the second house, are all the beaks trimmed or just some of them? I was wondering if some could be rescues?

I'm so sorry Ribh. :hugs Sounds like you are doing all you can.
Have you spoken to the breeder about it? Did she keep any of the other Wyandotte chicks from that hatch and has she had any problems?

So sorry you are having a bad run. :hugs
Thanks, ACM. I try to be really careful. Not sure what I've missed but suspect coccidea. I'm treating the rest now on the Vet's recommendation.

Diarrhea? I swear, the medicated feed make more of my chicks ill than not..if I keep them on it too long. I don't keep mine on it longer than a week. Most get loose stools and don't act well if I keep them on it longer. That's me. 🤷
Thanks. That's helpful. My breeder also said not to use it for too long.

I am posting muchus apologies for not keeping up here recently. It's not that I don't care or lack interest in all your beautiful flocks but life has been pretty out of control here recently with family & health issues. Hoping things will settle shortly & I can chat more.
Ribh, thinking of you. Sorry I have not been on your thread in ages. I have trouble keeping up here as it is. ❤️

I am posting muchus apologies for not keeping up here recently. It's not that I don't care or lack interest in all your beautiful flocks but life has been pretty out of control here recently with family & health issues. Hoping things will settle shortly & I can chat more.
I'm sorry you lost your little one. Hopefully things get better and the rest remain healthy.

Back
Top Bottom