I'll go out and check her again, sorry I don't know what you mean by "in the middle". So far Queenie does NOT make that sound when her head is down or outstretched, in that way it is intermittent. When they are pecking that position makes a straighter airway, seems to me. When she looks up, there is the sound again. It is definitely a new sound and entirely related to her breathing, it is rhythmic, not like when she speaks. But I'll go and check again now.
Am catching up with the thread. It seems there is an outbreak of medical issues! 😢
Can you take a video of her doing that?

Sharing Photos

On my bookshelves in my small library is the first microscope I ever had.
View attachment 2619836View attachment 2619837

I share this because I noticed the 2 sets of prepared slides I had in the case when I took it down to look at just now. This gave me the opportunity to test something that I thought might work.

It was in response to @ChicoryBlue question regarding sharing of photos. I took this photo of of a slide with brine shrimp on it at 40x magnification by simply placing the phone camera lenses over the eyepiece. I had to have the shrimp centered but it did work. Check it out.
View attachment 2619849
That’s very cool!

Too funny! I've been around for months but I tend to go on extended leaves of absence, only to return and lurk for some time (trying to catch up to some degree), and then I will occasionally poke my head in the window and say a few words or toss in a couple of photos, then I'm back to lurking. :gig

But I do enjoy your contributions, if that means anything. 😊
I tend to lurk more and comment less if I get quite behind.

Back
Top Bottom