Bob had she got something trapped in her throat or maybe a little fur. Butter or coconut oil helps if it's the latter.
Different tubes.:)
The breathing tube and the food tube separate high up the throat. No solids or liquids are supposed to go down the breathing tube. Sometimes the flap that closes the breathing tube gets something stuck underneath and that will make some strange noises.

Different tubes.:)
The breathing tube and the food tube separate high up the throat. No solids or liquids are supposed to go down the breathing tube. Sometimes the flap that closes the breathing tube gets something stuck underneath and that will make some strange noises.
Thanks shadrach :). Still much to learn here. But the coconut oil worked on my lad a few times

I’ve never wormed... is it necessary :confused:
Usually yes. What one wants to try and avoid is believing that you can do preventative worming with the chemicals one tackles an infestation with.
Most chickens carry some worms. In the right environment and with access to the right range of feedstuffs from free ranging it seems that for most the worm load rarely becomes critical. For caged and contained chickens they can't find what they need to self manage many of the parasites.
I take random poop samples to the vet. If she finds any or many, I worm the lot.
@Ribh 's method of twice a year should be adequate if the wormer works; many do not now. I wormed all the tribes late autumn last year because it had been a particularly damp year. Parasites such as worms and coccidia don't thrive in sunlight. Being generally sunny and dry here the parasite load in the ground is relatively low

And so they all should. :)

I am not rich but doing all I can to make my baby girls as happy as possible. I've saved their first small coop and run for them to use as a play and scratch area. They have their own garden as well as a couple of dirt areas a nice little hideaway and taking advice on the kind of sand they need from someone in here, so they will have that as well. They are getting harder to get in at night because they are really enjoying their little world.
That is absolutely perfect!

Another question... I have moved the babies out to their section in the big coop/run... they are covered and I have blocked three sides where they sleep but they are basically outside... they have slept in there the last three nights and it’s been about 60 degrees but of course we are getting a cool front and it’ll be getting into the high 40s some nights and 50s some nights... they turned five weeks on Wednesday... do yall think they’ll be okay in the cooler temps?
How old are they and do they have proper feathers yet?

Back
Top Bottom