Ok guys, I tried but failed. I can't catch up. I want to post some cute photos of my last hatch of Australorps. They are so hardy! Already. I had 9 go into lockdown, 7 hatched. Some are going to a friend today so hurried and did a photo shoot. :) I'm pretty sure I have more girls than boys. Keeping the one with a lot of white on the face, she's pretty mellow. Another with two white places on the head is also mellow. The eyes on Australorps are so sweet looking..as adults too. They will be all black of course..as you know. View attachment 2628355View attachment 2628359View attachment 2628362View attachment 2628364View attachment 2628366View attachment 2628368 A lot of fluffy butt ones. 🥰
I'm so glad you took the time! They are so adorable. I'm glad I got to meet them. Hi Chickees! :frow

They aren't right in the head! They're scary bad!

I remember the police who came to the house said that they worry that people who do that kind of thing might do it to other animals including people.
I don’t know if they just said that to make my mother feel better because she was distraught.
It was me and my best friend from high school who came in and found them and we prevented my Dad from coming in and told him to go for a walk around the block. He was a sensitive soul my Dad and he could not have coped with the sight of it all. We then rang my mother and she said to call the local police station and she came home and arrived just before the police.
The mother cat had tried to save the kittens and had dragged a number of them in through the cat door in the kitchen window so the kitchen was covered in blood and dead or nearly dead kittens. I suspect my memory makes that scene worse than it was, but I do remember the blood and the terrified cat and dead kittens mainly outside.
Turns out she had managed to save a few of them - I don’t remember how many - but they had hidden themselves under the stove and only emerged once the police left and we had buried the dead ones and it was all quiet.
Sorry to go on. It was a traumatic teen experience and I was just reminiscing.
Poor Dad burst into tears when we told him what happened - we never let him see anything gruesome and he always maintained he didn’t like cats - but he wept anyway.

Last edited:
She is fitting right in. I'm very pleased with all of them.
This is good news! I was concerned for Davis and your other cat...can't remember the name...possibly feeling put out, or territorial. Some cats get very anxious with a newcomer. Others are so cool about it - from having been brought up with lots of other animals, or just by their nature.

Amazing. I need to find this stuff! This is the holy grail of wormers!
I would do some very careful research before you use it for worming. It is still effective for mites from what I remember.
What I don't know is how widespread the resistance in worms is. It may be a regional thing.

Roxy was pretty good yesterday. It’s still dark this morning and the birds aren’t up yet, but here’s one that shows her yesterday... since you asked. 🤣
The two pullets (?), yup, a bit pale. Flo, would be in the normal range here. Some of the hens go super red for a couple of weeks when they first start laying and gradually the colour subsides.

Back
Top Bottom