21BBF82E-0368-4E54-BB8F-10A5FD425170.jpeg Under the porch chickens

Good luck with Ruby 💜💜💜
Thanks. The vet said "she did great" and drained over 500mL off since they could see right where the fluid was. But poor Ruby is doing pretty poorly since I picked her up. Like WAY worse than before I brought her in. I'm so sad for her and I'm hoping it's just the diazepam and she's still sedated (which the vet warned me she was still under its influence.)

Ruby was STILL dripping fluid when I brought her home. Poor thing. She is no longer open beak breathing, but went straight to bed in a nest box with her face in a corner when we go home. I hope she perks up before they go to bed so she can get some fluid in her. Right in front of her next box I have baby bird formula with nutridrench in it with a raw egg cracked on top. :)

I'm curious what you think would have happened 🤔
Aurora was a terror at the time. She was attacking all the hens below her in the pecking order. She was pulling other hens off of the roost at night. Chasing them around the yard. Standing on other hens, it was a disaster. Sansa spent several nights in the nest box rather than get pulled off the roost.

If Aurora had won she could have moved up to number 2 in the tribe. Imagine her reign of terror unchecked. It would have been awful for everyone.

Thanks. The vet said "she did great" and drained over 500mL off since they could see right where the fluid was. But poor Ruby is doing pretty poorly since I picked her up. Like WAY worse than before I brought her in. I'm so sad for her and I'm hoping it's just the diazepam and she's still sedated (which the vet warned me she was still under its influence.)

Ruby was STILL dripping fluid when I brought her home. Poor thing. She is no longer open beak breathing, but went straight to bed in a nest box with her face in a corner when we go home. I hope she perks up before they go to bed so she can get some fluid in her. Right in front of her next box I have baby bird formula with nutridrench in it with a raw egg cracked on top. :)
Give her some time to get over the anesthetic. I bet she perks up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom