Thanks. The vet said "she did great" and drained over 500mL off since they could see right where the fluid was. But poor Ruby is doing pretty poorly since I picked her up. Like WAY worse than before I brought her in. I'm so sad for her and I'm hoping it's just the diazepam and she's still sedated (which the vet warned me she was still under its influence.)

Ruby was STILL dripping fluid when I brought her home. Poor thing. She is no longer open beak breathing, but went straight to bed in a nest box with her face in a corner when we go home. I hope she perks up before they go to bed so she can get some fluid in her. Right in front of her next box I have baby bird formula with nutridrench in it with a raw egg cracked on top. :)
Poor baby. She must be feeling better with all that fluid drained. (500ml!!!! :th)

Hopefully it's just the sedation making her woozy. You've certainly set her up for overnight recovery. A midnight snack and breakfast in bed. Luxury! ❤️

I hope you're feeling better soon. Tail-gating is one of my absolute pet-hates, and 9 out of 10 motorists do it in Australia. I think the majority of them don't realise they're too close but it sh*ts me to tears. :he :old
It is so dangerous.

I once got an amazing deal on my wife's dream car (used). I gave it her for Christmas. It was amazing. She loved that car. She was rear-ended by someone just like CCCL. The car crumpled as she was sandwiched and could not be fixed. She was fine but she lost her dream car, which I could not replace, because of a tailgater. She still talks about that car.

I was out in the backyard filming Chickadee & her little ones this morning, when the neighborhood cat started to approach Chickadee. She is such a fierce & protective mama hen! I honestly didn't even see the cat in the yard, but I'm so glad that nothing gets passed Chickadee!

What a great mom. 👍 way to go Chickadee!

What is your favorite native bird? Just curious there are so many beautiful species over there.
And super destructive. Not my favourite bird.

The Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos here haven't been destructive so far :fl. Unless you count the devastation wreaked on the gum trees when they are in flower, but I consider that tip pruning. 😁
We have a couple that come to the kitchen door and sit on the otto bin looking in until we come out and feed them. If we are too slow they start banging the lid. They are rather endearing...so far.
1620991866093.png

(not my photo)

The Rosellas and King Parrots that come to eat seed are lovely too.
IMG20210116130750.jpg
IMG20210116132017(1).jpg

Geez...it really was a game of thrones over there!
My tribe has a well established history of maintaining order through violence. It is so unlike me. I am constantly disappointed in them and try to council them but they won't listen to me.

It is so dangerous.

I once got an amazing deal on my wife's dream car (used). I gave it her for Christmas. It was amazing. She loved that car. She was rear-ended by someone just like CCCL. The car crumpled as she was sandwiched and could not be fixed. She was fine but she lost her dream car, which I could not replace, because of a tailgater. She still talks about that car.
Something destroyed by something completely preventable. I don’t understand people’s mentality that bad things only happen to other people.

Chicken tax
5B1DEFD6-6275-4CC2-AFCE-40293D01B29D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom