Nooooo, easy peasy!
The only downside.... more poo!
In some ways it's easier. I started with 5 & now have 23. 23 is waaay easier. I have 3 or 4 sub groups but my girls find it easier to get along with more of them. I went under 10 chickens for a while & the girls squabbled about everything. Now it's more choices for friendships & protection & there's a lot of flux as the girls move around the yard. I also had a standard frizzle who was fairly dominant with my older girls so introducing small frizzles & odder looking birds has not presented problems. My girls are used to strange... 😆

I was out in the backyard filming Chickadee & her little ones this morning, when the neighborhood cat started to approach Chickadee. She is such a fierce & protective mama hen! I honestly didn't even see the cat in the yard, but I'm so glad that nothing gets passed Chickadee!

This is so awesome! What a fabulous mum 🥰

The Sulphur-Crested Cockatoos here haven't been destructive so far :fl. Unless you count the devastation wreaked on the gum trees when they are in flower, but I consider that tip pruning. 😁
We have a couple that come to the kitchen door and sit on the otto bin looking in until we come out and feed them. If we are too slow they start banging the lid. They are rather endearing...so far.
View attachment 2668429
(not my photo)

The Rosellas and King Parrots that come to eat seed are lovely too.
View attachment 2668432View attachment 2668433
Oh my gosh! I’m so envious that yall have these gorgeous birds just flying about!
We do have parrots here as well... no one really knows where they came from but they are thriving here.. there are so many of them now!
E659F586-44BA-4F17-BE35-A11281C563ED.png
ACBCEE83-9925-41C2-BAFF-B459832F94E8.png

In some ways it's easier. I started with 5 & now have 23. 23 is waaay easier. I have 3 or 4 sub groups but my girls find it easier to get along with more of them. I went under 10 chickens for a while & the girls squabbled about everything. Now it's more choices for friendships & protection & there's a lot of flux as the girls move around the yard. I also had a standard frizzle who was fairly dominant with my older girls so introducing small frizzles & odder looking birds has not presented problems. My girls are used to strange... 😆
I agree with this! 💕

Back
Top Bottom