I have to make an off-topic post. I'm actually on a computer, so will have to pay the tax afterward from my phone (which is in the bedroom with a sleeping husband, so it will be later).

All of my tomato plants look happy. Just sayin'! I'm really hopeful for a good harvest. However, something took a significant chunk out of a sarong I had out there for shade... which means something is making a nest. I've only seen mice do this around here (using human fabric for nests), but I'm wondering if I should start putting out rat traps already, just in case. Last year they RAVAGED my tomatoes to the the point that I barely got to taste a couple varieties. I don't like killing ANY creatures, but did end up killing about 8 rats in the garden. That combined with destroying their habitat (the project when I poked my eye) took care of the problem. Today they was blood-colored liquid pooled with the dew on top of the metal chicken feed trash can... a sure sign of rodents. Ugh!:he
Get 'em gone 💀

Rich is home!! :wee :wee

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤

I can’t fathom why they do that. It isn’t temperature related because they do it in the summer too.
Before the little roadrunners were allowed into the big roost they wanted to get as close as possible and flew up to the top of the open window. I really wasn’t expecting that and have roosts all over the Chicken Palace at the same height as the big roost and they could have chosen any one of those!
No explaining what is in their heads!
:lau
Maybe it's about survival? One chicken alone gets eaten by the fox. Six chickens in a bunch, four or five survivors.

Rich is home!! :wee :wee

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤
So glad to hear you are all home - I am sure that makes you all feel better.
Hoping all goes well.
:hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom