Rich is home!! :wee :wee

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤
So glad you have your family all back together. It is so satisfying to have everyone together.

I hope Rich keeps improving. My best to you both. ❤️

He is doing so well. I have to give him blood thinners injections twice a day until his Coumadin gets up to the correct level and then that stops.

Lots of blood work and doctor appointments for the next few days to weeks. I'm so thankful that he is home and we picked up all the kids today so our entire family is together ❤
Wonderful, wonderful update. Thanks so much for letting us know.

Capture3.JPG

Hi, Everyone.
I think this is the end for Ruby. She had a good day yesterday, but not today. She’s not drinking or eating. Pretty sure she’s given up. Someone on this forum told me she’d tell me when it’s time. Pretty sure we are there. We just had a nice, long lap cuddle. Now she’s in the box next to (broody) Millie, who is her bestie.

Coincidence that Millie went broody when Ruby is probably dying? I think not. I suspect they’ll spend the night beside each other.

While I feel terrible for putting Ruby through the ultrasound ordeal, I’m glad she had a day of adventuring, climbing the hill, etc. I have grown to love this bird very much.
View attachment 2673255
:hugs:hugs

Hi, Everyone.
I think this is the end for Ruby. She had a good day yesterday, but not today. She’s not drinking or eating. Pretty sure she’s given up. Someone on this forum told me she’d tell me when it’s time. Pretty sure we are there. We just had a nice, long lap cuddle. Now she’s in the box next to (broody) Millie, who is her bestie.

Coincidence that Millie went broody when Ruby is probably dying? I think not. I suspect they’ll spend the night beside each other.

While I feel terrible for putting Ruby through the ultrasound ordeal, I’m glad she had a day of adventuring, climbing the hill, etc. I have grown to love this bird very much.
View attachment 2673255
I’m sorry to hear this. You have done so much for her and she knows the love you have for her 💜
I found with both Penny and Bok that they told me when it was time in their own way. Spending the last of it with you then their beloved feathered sister is beautiful. My thoughts are with both Ruby and yourself @micstrachan :hugs :hugs :hugs

Fantastic news! Take care of yourself and the family 💜

Alice had a lot of pin feathers on her head at the end of her last moult and they were taking ages to open out and lose the cuticle around them. I mentioned how I just wanted to get my fingers on them and preen her head. The only time I get to do that is if she is in a nesting box at night instead of a roost. I preen her head until she gets sick of me (about 15 seconds) and leaves to get on a perch.

I found a video of people preening their birds like I want to. They aren't chickens unfortunately. But the birds look like they are really enjoying it. ❤️ I thought my chicken friends might enjoy it too.

Hi, Everyone.

View attachment 2673255
I am so sorry Michelle. :hugs Always such a hard call even when you know it is coming & the kindest thing to do. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom