After all, it is Fluffy Butt Friday. Rocks-Ann, in the chicken room enjoying the A/C.
59FC84F3-5E9F-461C-83E4-86B2C9173864.jpeg

After all, it is Fluffy Butt Friday. Rocks-Ann, in the chicken room enjoying the A/C.
View attachment 2724224
She’s five years old, and is of my first chicken tribe. Has laid many eggs over the years, but doesn’t have it in her to lay anymore. So, (Still a lap chicken) she gets the best treatment that I can give her! :old

She has never been much of a cuddler. She is Sammy’s Daughter by a Hyline hen, so more “Production” genetics than I like, one of her siblings also looks to have internal laying issues, and probably won’t be with us this winter. She is starting to look very uncomfortable. My Blind lady on the other hand is doing quite well so far in with the rest of her flock. (I say flock and not tribe here as there isn’t much choice in the matter with this bunch) There are two groups of Layer rescues in with Hawk, and the four of Sammy’s daughters I was hoping to breed with Hawk for the BB X oo crossed to Bb X oo with the Marans dark brown as well.

Speaking of rescues, y’all that know will understand, and if you don’t, you probably don’t want to. The farm got another 6 chickens! 🤦‍♀️ because the 12 POL they have acquired since 2019 are only maybe giving 2-3 eggs a day! (Of course it helps if they have things like nest boxes, feed and water… but I’m just a crazy Citiot still getting 6-8 eggs out of my 10 2018 girls)
The farm should NEVER & I mean NEVER be allowed to keep chickens again! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom