Phyllis Enters her Nest

I had the chance to observe Phyllis utilizing her planter nest the other day. The video below shows the final 2 minutes plus of her entering the nest.

she spent almost 7 minutes verifying that it was safe before she went in. She patrolled the deck and surrounding area during those 7 minutes. @Shadrach is that a typical period of time?

I don't know if this will upset Phyllis or make her happy. I'm thinking of putting some copies straw for nesting material in her planter Nest. All of the eggs come out covered in potting soil and I'd like to"clean them up". Does anyone have an opinion on that?
How about put a little pile of wood shavings at the open end of the planter and she can move them I to her nest if she likes the idea.

The ones we have for livestock are for identification only, you need to be super close to scan and read them. I suppose the kind they use for tracking wildlife would work but I would need the appropriate equipment
You want either Tile or the new Air Tag. They work with your phone. And are freakishly good.
A friend gave me a Tile a couple of years ago and I decided to leave it in a drawer in the kitchen because I found it telling me where my keys were too weird. But no question a goat could wear it either on a collar or an ear-ring.
It works with an app on iPhone.

You want either Tile or the new Air Tag. They work with your phone. And are freakishly good.
A friend gave me a Tile a couple of years ago and I decided to leave it in a drawer in the kitchen because I found it telling me where my keys were too weird. But no question a goat could wear it either on a collar or an ear-ring.
Does it work on minds? I could make use of it as I seem to have lost mine.... :lau

How about put a little pile of wood shavings at the open end of the planter and she can move them I to her nest if she likes the idea.
I like this suggestion!
When mine began laying (lol...like it wasn't just a few weeks eeks ago), I noticed they like to take the nesting material and throw it over their backs. Camouflage, perhaps?
Anyway, I think Phyllis would happily feather her nest with material nearby.

That's big money, for that type of equipment.
My point exactly the air tag is like $40!
I was thinking the air tag as a horn ornament… if she does go wandering a collar is a hazard. (they have had several sheep here kill themselves with their collars and bells, and yet we still don’t seem to learn?) I don’t want to pierce her ear either… such a wuss. I’ve got several piercings and tattoos, but somehow it doesn’t seem fair to do that to her.

Back
Top Bottom