I'm glad it is working for them. 👍
They are all young yet. The oldest are a year old and the youngest will be a year the end of July. I am just trying to keep on top of things. My understanding of the situation with production hens is that they burn out at a young age. I don’t know how one can fight genetics, but I figure food is the first line of defense. I can only imagine the loss of nutrients from the body from laying eggs every single day.
I have made it my mission to at least TRY to get all the important nutrients into them every day. Once or twice a week I add probiotics to their water.

They are all young yet. The oldest are a year old and the youngest will be a year the end of July. I am just trying to keep on top of things. My understanding of the situation with production hens is that they burn out at a young age. I don’t know how one can fight genetics, but I figure food is the first line of defense. I can only imagine the loss of nutrients from the body from laying eggs every single day.
I have made it my mission to at least TRY to get all the important nutrients into them every day. Once or twice a week I add probiotics to their water.
Pasta goes a long way! And cottage cheese with meally worms is a welcome addition.

I have heard stories of production breeds lasting 5 or more years. You are definitely giving yours a fighting chance. 👍👍

Chickens in freshly cut grass. (The grape vine isn’t quite ripe yet) but the chickens love the grapes! 050E5B1E-CD85-49F4-9957-8581A21E2355.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom