Great news! Super interested in the mobile ECG device… if you don’t mind sharing a little more information on it? Or what meds they put you on? Metoprolol was what DH was on when we met, then he was switched to Sotalol. Warfarin was added and he found that he was able to stop the Sotalol. He was very against going on the Warfarin because he’s a butcher, never had a clotting issue, and the Dr never explained why they wanted him to take it. Personal risk when you work with knives all day didn’t seem worth it to him, so he was fighting getting on it. Oddly enough such a simple, old medication has had the greatest impact in reducing his events.
Sure! I’m happy to share. The device is called KardiaMobile and it’s by AliveCor. It runs through an app on your smart phone. They have a one-lead device for $84, but I opted for the 6-lead device. I think it was $149? It has two pads on the front (for fingers) and , for six-lead readings, one for the back (you put it on your knee or ankle). It fits in your pocket or wallet.
72F14841-C760-4564-8D97-39244DF1B4FD.jpeg

My doc put me on Diltiazem. So far, so good. My blood pressure came down after one dose! Time will tell if it helps the tachycardia.

What size are these rechargeable fans? Can you provide a name brand/type/model?
Yep. Opolar is the brand. I have a few small ones… maybe four to five inches? But I also just got two eight-inch and two more eight-inch with misters. I also have a couple Artic Cove bucket top mister fans that run off rechargeable powertool batteries.

Yep. Opolar is the brand. I have a few small ones… maybe four to five inches? But I also just got two eight-inch and two more eight-inch with misters. I also have a couple Artic Cove bucket top mister fans that run off rechargeable powertool batteries.
Here are some screen shots of what I have:
948676FF-093F-43D5-9760-F5713769C18E.png

EBB23A15-9331-4E66-82D5-54B17F3CA89F.jpeg

DAAF811F-6D04-4E9C-8825-FD354EC16CEA.png

8B3F15DB-85CF-442A-8E6E-87F785320E30.png

Where did you find the place in Alabama? I would only use them in the spring summer and fall when the ladies are out free ranging. They dont venture far from coop in the winter, even though we do shovel and even snowblow paths for them :lau
Smart chickens! I also don't go far in winter :gig

Here's the link to the ceramic water containers. https://wisementrading.com/farm-and...ceramic-stoneware-watering-fountain-1-gallon/

It's a different design from the ones I use, but will have similar benefits.

Me too. It really was. I truly hope you and Ivy get to experience it in person.
It's all up to me getting everything done before she goes broody again. I think I've got roughly 30 days, spread out over 5 months. Hopefully that's enough time but of course other commitments and the weather will chew up some of it. Not to mention my poor building skills!

And I cried for Maggie who is still with us 9 months after her lash egg and Diana seems to be doing better too (fingers crossed).
I had not realized keeping chickens would be so much heartache. I thought they would bring eggs, and companionship, and entertainment. But not heartache.
Vulnerability to heartache rests with the person I think. I'd rather be vulnerable than impervious :)

Where is BY Bob?

I am currently on page 4936 and will go no farther today as I am at my daughter's helping to complete her bathroom renovation. Her contractor left her high and dry with it all torn apart. I need to have it done today as I have to babysit Eve this weekend and need to get home tonight. Wish me luck everyone.

Try to behave while I'm gone.
I hope it all goes well mate!

I wanted you to know that I have put thought into this response as it has.

Phyllis would be agitated no matter if some was in the box or it was empty. I truly believe that she does not want to lay her eggs there. I'm certain that @Shadrach Is right when he says they prefer the ground to lay on. At least as far as Phyllis is concerned. She has been trying to find a spot on the ground since she joined us and started laying.
That's interesting. Her Secret Garden is on the ground? On a low deck? I haven't zeroed in on where the planter is relative to actual ground. Also, have you put any chopped straw in there yet?

Back
Top Bottom