All settled into coop. Mama picked the warmest corner to bed down in (with the new bedding šŸ˜) and only verbally protested when all the bigger littles went by on their way up to roost. Storm settled in next to/under Mama as another storm rolls in. šŸŒ§ We need the rain. Covid emergency was cancelled in June so Drought emergency could be instated. Never thought I'd be praying for an early winter, but fire season started in May. Smoke isn't as bad as summer of 88, though.

WOW! Looks wonderful!
I can see it would be tricky to cut and fit in. Do you need to paint it or Flexseal it or just leave it as is? Mine is all dirt floor so I am not as familiar with how to handle wood on the floor.
I will just leave it as is and cover it with chopped straw. I have considered putting peal and stick tile down but with the straw nothing sticks to the wood as is.

I havenā€™t seen Shad for a while, I hope heā€™s ok.
He is OK but he is not really loving life in the UK. He is concentrating on getting his website up and running to sell his lamps, etc. along with getting all the papers he needs to be able to live in the UK.

I think it is hard for him to come here and read chicken stories. I don't know when we will see him here again.

Back
Top Bottom