This baby chick situation is really bothering me. I can’t even imagine how @BY Bob feels at the moment. :(So sorry for the delay and stress it’s causing you friend. :hugs
Thanks. I am sending Mrs BY Bob to the post office today to get answers.

Happy Chick Memories from One Year Ago Today
20200804_202050.jpg
20200804_200446.jpg
20200804_200531.jpg
20200804_200433.jpg
20200804_200334.jpg

Thanks. I am sending Mrs BY Bob to the post office today to get answers.
Honestly, I have never heard horror stories about losing chicks in the mail. I have heard of one or two not making it (out of a delivery of 10-12) even the six BR’s I got from the feed store, one didn’t make it. I am watching your situation closely.

Maybe this will be a distraction for you and us, Bob! I've been holding off on looking at pictures and video with Queenie because it's been too painful. This one was taken the day before she died, on May 13. I've also wanted to offload stuff from my phone (new phone coming!) so I braved it, and uploaded this video of most of the flock at the base of their apple tree. The Buckeyes had started dustbathing, and she tried to join in on the outside, but stepped away when somebody pecked at her. So she hung around. When they finished and started foraging she got into the little bowl and started her own dustbath. They saw that and they came back, but Queenie determinedly held her ground in the prime middle spot, weathering a few pecks, until everyone settled into bathing. Soon they were all just having a great time doing their thing. What a great chicken she was! RIP Queenie.

Queenie gets there first

Maybe this will be a distraction for you and us, Bob! I've been holding off on looking at pictures and video with Queenie because it's been too painful. This one was taken the day before she died, on May 13. I've also wanted to offload stuff from my phone (new phone coming!) so I braved it, and uploaded this video of most of the flock at the base of their apple tree. The Buckeyes had started dustbathing, and she tried to join in on the outside, but stepped away when somebody pecked at her. So she hung around. When they finished and started foraging she got into the little bowl and started her own dustbath. They saw that and they came back, but Queenie determinedly held her ground in the prime middle spot, weathering a few pecks, until everyone settled into bathing. Soon they were all just having a great time doing their thing. What a great chicken she was! RIP Queenie.

Queenie gets there first
Video unavailable :(

Queenie gets there first
I would truly love to see this. Any chance you have it marked private?

Back
Top Bottom