Anyway, how is everybody? I hope you've all stayed well. I have missed you all and it is my intention to be around a bit more than of late.
I have tried, but trying to do BYC on a mobilephone as I move around proved more than my patience could bear and I was in danger of trashing the phone.
I'm here in Bristol for a while now barring a visit to my elder sister in a few days to get told off for what I taught her chickens last time I ws there. Apparently they now think that they are officially entitled to walnuts and a bit of fish from time to time.
The diet I set for my sisters eldest hen Freya, seems to have worked and she has even decided to lay the occasional egg as a sign of appreciation.
My sister is delighted so perhaps I wont get too much flack for what is apparently my fault and that's the chickens,one in particular thinks she should have house access.

I can't imagine whose fault that could be.:p

@BY Bob.
Assuming you've got them under Phyliss and she hasn't gone ape shite you'll need to let her get on with the job.
However, assuming the chicks eat then you need to make sure they can poop.
Pasty Butt is far more likely if the chicks have not gone from the egg yolk in the shells to at least some form of solids within the first day of hatching.
They other thing they may be short of is calcium. The chicks I've watched hatch do eat some egg shell and thsi provides them with a starter calcium boost.
It might be worth putting a very very small amount of a ground up calcium tablet in with the fish/scrambled egg.
It has not gone well. 😞

Anyway, how is everybody? I hope you've all stayed well. I have missed you all and it is my intention to be around a bit more than of late.
I have tried, but trying to do BYC on a mobilephone as I move around proved more than my patience could bear and I was in danger of trashing the phone.
I'm here in Bristol for a while now barring a visit to my elder sister in a few days to get told off for what I taught her chickens last time I ws there. Apparently they now think that they are officially entitled to walnuts and a bit of fish from time to time.
The diet I set for my sisters eldest hen Freya, seems to have worked and she has even decided to lay the occasional egg as a sign of appreciation.
My sister is delighted so perhaps I wont get too much flack for what is apparently my fault and that's the chickens,one in particular thinks she should have house access.

I can't imagine whose fault that could be.:p
You have been missed, mate. I feel the same way when I have to use my phone for BYC. It was expensive ~ for a good camera ~ so the man has banned me. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom