How long have you had the Cessna Alex? It (she?) clearly brings you lots of joy.
Over 12 years. I’m in the air now. But BYC brings me joy. This airplane here gives me excitement. And freedom from boredom. What might scare Bob is that I might even fly to see him . And his new babies. I have that flight plan recorded in my computer data. It’s a cross country flight. I would love to meet Bob and his family in person

Over 12 years. I’m in the air now. But BYC brings me joy. This airplane here gives me excitement. And freedom from boredom. What might scare Bob is that I might even fly to see him . And his new babies. I have that flight plan recorded in my computer data. It’s a cross country flight. I would love to meet Bob and his family in person
Mugshot Friday . Older pic. 21B3D4C7-4A38-4E96-9842-13B9D785CF97.jpeg

Her feathers are lighter than Legertha.

Now for BY Bob's self delusional rant.......The breeder said they were auto sexed at birth. Their heads were essentially the some coloring when we got them. Sylvie is smaller than Legertha. She does not have an upright posture. Ok. That is out of the way.

Legertha on the left, Sylvie on the right
View attachment 2835840
Here is a better wing photo of Sylvie.
20210915_114944.jpg

You are welcome for dinner anytime. 😉

Chicken Fight

I cannot say what brought it on but Phyllis attacked Sydney yesterday. I am certain the Sydney was surprised at first. I believe that it may have been over the chicks because it occurred while Sydney had her head down looking at them.

There were 3 different battles. It looked like the surprise attack enabled Phyllis to win the first one, the second could be called a draw but Sydney clearly won the third one. Sydney was on full reminder that Phyllis lost the rest of the day.

Perhaps equally interesting was that Aurora, of all hens, took on Lilly's role from the big Hattie Aurora fight and helped to break up the third fight and, I suppose, settle it.

Unfortunately I was surprised every time and got no video.

I figure this was instigated by the presence of the littles. I figure it could be one of these reasons or perhaps a combination?
  • Was it Phyllis saying stay away from them?
  • Was it Phyllis saying, I want to visit them too so quite running me off?
  • Was it Phyllis trying to move up the pecking order before more chickens join the tribe?
It will be interesting to watch them today but to say this was unexpected is an understatement.

I did get this photo after the third fight was over.
20210916_183740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom