That's bad. I couldn't believe they got Robert Llewellyn to reprise his role. And Jane Leeves. I bet she is super glad that it was not picked up. 😅

Thanks so much for sharing that.

Chicken tax
View attachment 2837252
It’s interesting that you think that. They changed some of the jokes to suit an American audience and I just didn’t find them funny. Having said that, I do find a lot of American humor funny, ‘Scrubs’ was a show in particular. Maybe it was just a poor production all round, as the US version of ‘The Office’ was very successful.

Chicken tax:
20A37188-A749-4C2F-838F-68A4333F56F7.jpeg

It’s interesting that you think that. They changed some of the jokes to suit an American audience and I just didn’t find them funny. Having said that, I do find a lot of American humor funny, ‘Scrubs’ was a show in particular. Maybe it was just a poor production all round, as the US version of ‘The Office’ was very successful.

Chicken tax:
View attachment 2837743
Scrubs was great! So playful.

I didn't know there was an American pilot at all. Not sure how I feel about that. So many remakes are coming out that are terrible compared to the original (the A-team, Dukes of Hazzard) that I expect my response will be similar to yours.
I must confess I really enjoyed the ‘A-Team’ movie when it came out, I laughed my a*** off in the cinema and there were 10 year-olds staring at me curiously. I should watch it again to see if I still enjoy it as much.

Hi folks. Why do we have to have drama and illness in our flocks of lovelies? Ruby is as good as can be expected. Still eating, drinking and pooping, but is VERY bloated. She keeps jumping out the coop door off an upper roost, which is chest height on me. I might have to take those down, as I fear she’s going to hurt herself.

Minnie’s clogged crop has cleared, but she’s starving herself. I’m helping along with tubing.

Sunshine is not laying properly. I suspect she has an issue like Dorothy, so I’m giving calcium periodically and started her on doxycycline yesterday. She has very few shelled eggs. I found a weird, wrinkly egg only to discover the egg was fine and had a smooth, firm shell, but was encased in some sort of membrane. Something is seriously wrong with her reproductive system and I might put her on hormones, which reminds me, how is Naenae? (I tried to tag Lady Red, but it tagged someone else).

Roxy was moving very slowly last night. I am strongly hoping it’s just that her molt is about to start, but if course fear something else.

I had hoped since we seem to be past the peak of summer heat, I wouldn’t have to worry about more losses right now, but these girls are giving keeping me busy!
Sorry your girls are going through a rough patch, they are such complicated little ladies.
I have been wondering about @Lady Red, haven’t seen her on here for a while 😕

OOPS!!!! Look what I accidentally posted on the wrong thread this morning!

Happy Saturday! Can I just say that I’m pretty sure I just saw a feather fall off of Ruby??? That would be the best thing ever… Because her body might get a natural break from laying hormones. Would it be amazing if she could make it through winter? Sunshine and Roxy but her body language this morning. I’m going to continue Minnie’s calcium and doxycycline, since I already started, and I think there’s a very good chance of her having a reproductive infection since she still squats and has a red comb, but isn’t producing many eggs with shells. Mini Spago healing which is fine, but she still appears not to be eating. Thankfully, she’s also become an easy tube feeding patient, so I’ll just continue to feed her until she gets her own appetite back. It’s a good morning in my flock!

I must confess I really enjoyed the ‘A-Team’ movie when it came out, I laughed my a*** off in the cinema and there were 10 year-olds staring at me curiously. I should watch it again to see if I still enjoy it as much.
Are you familiar with the series from the 1980s? If not, go watch that first. If you have seen it, im curious about your response now.

Tax
20210917_165929.jpg

So, I have a question for those of you who care to answer. Would you still keep chickens if hens didn't lay eggs?
I got asked this by one the chicken keepers here where I live.
I would keep some, A small flock, but not the amount I have now (65 ish after culling the extra Roos hatched this year and some of my older girls.) I do use them for meat as well, and generally process 'older' hens at 2.5 years. That said, processing is always difficult for me, and a few special ones I just haven't been able to do....they will live their natural life.

Back
Top Bottom