He seems ok
Excuse me Afi, I know you're going through a stressful situation now, but might I ask you keep your posts more concise if they're in a similar vein of topic or idea? I don't think you need to make a new post for every new sentence. For instance if you make a post and think "oh shoot I wanted to add something" you can edit it later as long as you choose to not long after. This is just something I believe makes the thread a bit cleaner.

Today Ari broke her leg as u already know.but I’m not sure if she did u know she’s not drinking and eating properly. She’s behind growth and is a lot more smaller Theban the others I put her in a sock she seems weak.I’m really worried.Any suggestions?
I've never treated a broken leg. I want sir if you were being serious or not. Please post on the emergency thread and tag those of us here and I will try and get your post to people I think can help.

Yes, I sell chicken & duck eggs. I love my chooks (and ducks), but honestly, I feel like I am working my full-time job to support them!:lau I feed organic and, as much as possible, soy free feed (soy free organic is ridiculously expensive!) Layers get soy free, chicks & teens get a reduced soy feed) That said, I would be heart-broken if I had to get rid of all of them:hitAnd to think that when I started out, it was for the eggs, and I thought I would hate them:confused:. Turns out that couldn't be farther from the truth!.
They do worm their way into our hearts don't they. They are very special animals.

She's supposed to be a barred rock, but I think a rooster got into the wrong pen. I suspect she's half barred, half penciled rock. Either way, her markings are cool. She's also the biggest of my pullets...still not ready to start laying, but getting close to Pear in size. Definitely matches Pear's shape.View attachment 2838277Almost 17 weeks so egg watch starts in about 2 and a half weeks. Nellie is supposed to start laying at 19 weeks, I think, most of the rest at 20 and Twirp at 22.....maybe
View attachment 2838280View attachment 2838283Based upon presence of wattles, Nellie and both sapphires (Splash in pic) will start before Cuckoo, Twirp, and Jessica. Thing is a mystery as the beard and crest cover everything.View attachment 2838286Storm is 9 weeks behind the rest of course but must have a pic too.View attachment 2838287
So much excitement to come! They are growing up so beautifully.

The cat doing his submissive roll for the new girls

View attachment 2838295

View attachment 2838293

I'm relieved that yogurt was mentioned. They have been pecking around the garden and accustomed theirselves too their future home when the girls were not there, I dropped mealworms in after to take the sting out of the fact my other three knew that they had been there.

There's a lot of tension between the five as you can well imagine.

Yogurt coming up next :D

Thank you ;)
Your doing great. Give them choices. They will expand their pallet with time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom