Hi folks. So I think Minnie has Marek’s. I’m kinda bummed. Today she is wobbly like she has balance issues. I posted in the emergency forum, if you’re interested.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/does-this-look-like-marek’s-to-you.1493986/
I feel like every problem people say is Merricks. My Platina isn't walking so we'll right now, but she can still move and has recovered from a similar leg issue before. It started up again when she began molting so I wonder if this is something she gets during body stress. The others show no symptoms so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be Merricks.

I feel like every problem people say is Merricks. My Platina isn't walking so we'll right now, but she can still move and has recovered from a similar leg issue before. It started up again when she began molting so I wonder if this is something she gets during body stress. The others show no symptoms so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be Merricks.
Fingers crossed for you and Platina!

So I was just snipping Snows bum feathers to reduce the mess and I think I snipped a blood feather ☹️
She got down and I won’t be able to catch her again to try and put cornflour or something on to help clot.
Might try at roosting time. She is chickening fine and being a white chicken I feel excessive blood loss would be obvious.
I’m just really cross at myself and hoping it will heal ok.

Edited to say that I cornered her and lifted her up on a chair to check and it hasn’t bled a drop out of it and has seemed to have clotted for now. I will keep an eye on it though, make sure Belle doesn’t zone in on it.
Who said chickens were easy 😅

Last edited:
So I was just snipping Snows bum feathers to reduce the mess and I think I snipped a blood feather ☹️
She got down and I won’t be able to catch her again to try and put cornflour or something on to help clot.
Might try at roosting time. She is chickening fine and being a white chicken I feel excessive blood loss would be obvious.
I’m just really cross at myself and hoping it will heal ok.

Edited to say that I cornered her and lifted her up on a chair to check and it hasn’t bled a drop out of it and has seemed to have clotted for now. I will keep an eye on it though, make sure Belle doesn’t zone in on it.
Who said chickens were easy 😅
"Who said chickens were easy"

It wasn't me :th

They are going to have a wonderful life with you!
I'm seriously concerned with the one, she's brutal too her coop mate. She won't let her eat and packs her constantly.

I let her out this morning to give the little one some time.

This has to be resolved soon as they new ones need to be in the large coop very shortly but everyone is fearful of her.

They may be frightened and aggressive for a good long while. Couple of months perhaps?
This could result in my losing all of my birds. This is the time of year they will need to be warm and settled.

I've made a big mistake, maybe I will introduce the one and keep her separate or even rehome her. There's another bird needing a home that my friend has.

I'm giving her a week to sort her attitude out.

Mugshots Splash and Cuckoo
20210917_170017.jpg
20210917_165931.jpg

Back
Top Bottom