I'm seriously concerned with the one, she's brutal too her coop mate. She won't let her eat and packs her constantly.

I let her out this morning to give the little one some time.

This has to be resolved soon as they new ones need to be in the large coop very shortly but everyone is fearful of her.
I’m so sorry.

I have no idea about Marek’s but to me that looks like general weakness rather than a balance issue.
Poor little Minnie.
Hmm… interesting. If that is the case, I’m not sure how to make her stronger besides tube feeding, which I’m already doing. I’ll just keep supporting her the best I can. Thank you for weighing in!

Hmm… interesting. If that is the case, I’m not sure how to make her stronger besides tube feeding, which I’m already doing. I’ll just keep supporting her the best I can. Thank you for weighing in!
Yes - does she seem more wobbly in the morning or the evening? You might want to time your tubing so she has a boost of readily available energy.
I never mentioned it here - but when Maggie was at her least well stage she actually fell off the high roost (that is 4' up). I think it was similar wobbliness - there is a thick bedding of leaves so she just bounced and slowly walked her way to the ladder to get back up. But I was very distressed as you can imagine.
Otherwise your gal looks like she is enjoying life, so that is good!
You are amazing with the tube feeding - I continue to be terrified that I will have to do that one day.
:hugs

This could result in my losing all of my birds. This is the time of year they will need to be warm and settled.

I've made a big mistake, maybe I will introduce the one and keep her separate or even rehome her. There's another bird needing a home that my friend has.

I'm giving her a week to sort her attitude out.
Oh dear I am sorry. Could you separate the aggressive one for a few days so that when you re-introduce her she is bottom of the pecking order?

Well, I'm listing 6 of Bunnies chicks this morning. 6 out of the 7 are boys darn it :he. Next year has to be better for hatching off pullets. This year I've averaged a 80% or better ratio for cockerels. The one pullet is for sure staying and the little spitfire is still unnamed. I have been toying with a idea of naming her after a racehorse I liked that recently retired. Mean Mary, but then in the back of my mind I fear if I give her such a name she'll live up to it.

Well, I'm listing 6 of Bunnies chicks this morning. 6 out of the 7 are boys darn it :he. Next year has to be better for hatching off pullets. This year I've averaged a 80% or better ratio for cockerels. The one pullet is for sure staying and the little spitfire is still unnamed. I have been toying with a idea of naming her after a racehorse I liked that recently retired. Mean Mary, but then in the back of my mind I fear if I give her such a name she'll live up to it.
Why not name her 'Spitfire', since you say she is one! :lau

Monday Mug Shot: Penny
IMG_20210916_110651332_HDR~2.jpg

I snapped this shot before she went broody yet again! I thought that the broody parade would end with less light and cooler weather!

Back
Top Bottom