Meet Henry The Second and his hens!
These are all Ex Batts or rescues.
I'll be looking after them along with another person for the forseeable future.
They all live on a large allotment plot about 5 mins walk from my daughters.
I'll get some better pictures up later.
There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
View attachment 2843499View attachment 2843506View attachment 2843507
Yayyyy! I'm so happy for you Shad :wee

I've had red tailed hawks fly right by my head. They simply do not fear me.
Yes, had a ..huge... chicken hawk .. that's what we call them, starting his decent upon one of my girls while I was in the run. I didn't see it, walked out of the run just in time. Scared the goody out of both of us. He barely cleared the house next door as he flopped those wings as fast as he could to get out of my way. Once my neighbor stops me in the hall at church. Says, I heard this ruckus out in your yard. Went to see. There was a big ol hawk stuck on top of the chicken wire to your run. Hmm, I thought hawks could see better than that. He must have made a dive from a ways up, got caught in the wire, but got out on it's own.

Last edited:
Playing in my Rock garden today!😁 CFA8AB4E-79C0-4C81-AB79-39CBB3B0CA1F.jpeg

There is a lot of work to do. The start was made this morning when they all got out of their run for the first time together.:celebrate
The first project is to increase the size of their run. There is just about enough grunt left in me to get a fence up and maybe even build a new coop. Negotiations are currently in progress.
I picked Henry The Second up today and a few of his hens. I haven't held a rooster for almost five months!
That’s wonderful Shad!
Snow likes the look of Henry the Second 😉
CCE4CE77-2B4A-4E86-AD03-3BBC4F112DCF.jpeg

A very nice mixed bunch they are!

Back
Top Bottom