My chickens and cats both eat flies. Éowyn is an excellent fly hunter. The flies get caught in her enormous paws and can't get out. Then she eats them.

View attachment 2845286
She looks cross!
My cats are excellent fly eaters too - even my pint-sized runt of a cat is excellent at leaping up the window to trap them in her paws. They don't stand a chance!

In any democracy there is give and take. I have given on this point. It's not worth even discussing. She wants a Polish so a Polish there will be.

As I relate stories of them in the future remember how she came to join the flock.
🤔Well, then...you should get a couple of Polish :jumpy and set up a second coop. :wee
After all, you don't want the one Polish to get beaten up and persecuted 😧, now, do you? That would make wifey upset, too.🥺

Happy Friday everyone. I know one thing, if you want fluffy butts, get a large fowl Cochin. These girls are very well endowed in the back end. And they are molting, every morning it looks like a chicken exploded in their coop when I let them out for the day, but looking at them you would not know it.
DSCN5395.JPG
DSCN5399.JPG
DSCN5400.JPG
DSCN5401.JPG

I'm mulling ideas on this. I could take out the existing nest boxes and replace with more roost space. Could also make the nest sites more baby accessible...🤔 this is going to require serious thought....nest needs to be inside coop for security, on the "ground" so no roost above it, nor roosts above feed/water station....alternative: turn carport into a coop with everything there...then must line inside for protection from the metal siding. Makes sense to put a door in from garage so can access there/heat via wood stove in the garage....screen door....car exhaust....LOTS more mulling of ideas.
I love seeing what coop solutions people come up with. 🥰
Your ideas sound exciting. I hope you will share your plans and building journey with us.

The little feather is so cute and soft. I need to find a way to keep it - for now it is in the egg box with the egg.
I keep some of the bigger feathers in a vase on display and store the smaller ones in a see through, plastic Ferrero Rocher box. They are lovely to look at and touch and are good subjects for watercolour. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom