So only a little bit of whining then. :p
Just me 😉
20210919_115524.jpg

I keep some of the bigger feathers in a vase on display and store the smaller ones in a see through, plastic Ferrero Rocher box. They are lovely to look at and touch and are good subjects for watercolour. 🥰
Museum like!
I saved a feather from my childhood pet bird for a very long time in one of those plastic jewelry boxes with a satin cushion.
I had forgotten I did that. Thank you for spurring the sweet memory.

🤔Well, then...you should get a couple of Polish :jumpy and set up a second coop. :wee
After all, you don't want the one Polish to get beaten up and persecuted 😧, now, do you? That would make wifey upset, too.🥺
We're all laughing because that's exactly what Bob's done. Have you seen his new chicks? They're Polish. He built a new coop for them a couple of months ago.

I love seeing what coop solutions people come up with. 🥰
Your ideas sound exciting. I hope you will share your plans and building journey with us.
I have so many projects (mostly craft) that it may well stay as a brain idea. On the other hand, I want to move the hatch to the west side of the coop. Currently the nest boxes are on that side. If I did, I could run a couple of roost across the east side above and below the window. Removing the wall mounted nest boxes and replacing with dirt boxes of some sort...ramble kept going, switching to paper to sketch out.

I keep some of the bigger feathers in a vase on display and store the smaller ones in a see through, plastic Ferrero Rocher box. They are lovely to look at and touch and are good subjects for watercolour. 🥰
I have a big feather stored away from all the girls but Penny.
Violet uses big ones we find now as quills for her art and writing 💜

We're all laughing because that's exactly what Bob's done. Have you seen his new chicks? They're Polish. He built a new coop for them a couple of months ago.
Sylvia & Legertha? I wasn't sure what those babies were...they were just awesome cute! (I thought Polish had a large bump on their head...plus the feathers...they seem to only have a small top-knot) I seem to have hopped onto BYC/this thread after he already had them & was posting pics.

So...ooops, my bad.:oops::duc

I'm only up to the early 600ish page wise..then read the recent posts....It can be quite confusing, actually...it's like I'm in a time warp sometimes -trying to plow through old & still read new...with roughly 5500 pages and LOTS of changes in between, lol.

I need to read the old stuff faster so I'm up to speed. It is soooo daunting, though, the # of pages!

Back
Top Bottom