I’ve put the egg in the coop.The female came running when she saw her eggy.they’re in the coop now and as far as I’m concerned she’s a broody.But I’m not sure if the egg is fertile.I don’t want to depress her by giving her loads of unfertilised eggs.pls can someone show me a rare technique for understanding the difference between freshly laid fertilised and unfertilised eggs?i already know the candling technique and it’s gonna take days but I’m leaving my grans today since the caretakers will care for my chickens
No idea. But if she wants to sit in the egg why not let her.

Thank you Rural Mouse. Finally we have an all American challenge to the terror of Australian killer wildlife! Glad we can at least try and hold our own! Though I am struggling with the concept of a killer yucca TBH!
:lau :lau
Haha, those leaves are sharp as heck on the edges and very pointy on the ends!
I reckon they could kill in the right circumstances, I regularly get jabbed in the head going into ours after the girls 😅

Today, I was at my grans and they bought 2 chickens.I was to keep them as pets after what seemed like 6 months.I have a wooden coop I’ll keep them in.There was 1 male :a beautiful white Turkish chicken and a female:idk what breed😅.The female while coming here took courage and did something in the cage.The sweetheart laid an egg!EVEN WHILE IN THE CAGE TIED UP.now they’re roaming in the garden.check it out!View attachment 2845858View attachment 2845859View attachment 2845860View attachment 2845861
How exciting for you!
Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories 🥰
I honestly don’t know if the egg is fertilised?should I keep it under her when I put them back in the coop?
If she cooperates and goes broody for you go ahead. If she doesn't want to sit you'll just have to eat it. :confused:

Thank you Rural Mouse. Finally we have an all American challenge to the terror of Australian killer wildlife! Glad we can at least try and hold our own! Though I am struggling with the concept of a killer yucca TBH!
:lau :lau
They're spiky round plants (those leaves are SHARP) grow in gumbo (not the yummy stuff but the stuff that adds 10 pounds to each foot with every step) and are dangerous to fall into (the gumbo makes that a very real possibility). FWY, yucca are perennials, pollinated by yucca moths (specific type of moth), are similar to succulents in watering requirements (closer to cacti), and don't grow naturally east of the Mississippi (why they won't grow in New York City).

Potholes come in multiple sizes: Popus Tireus all the way up to Engulfus Carus. Cracks/chips in windshields (windscreen for the UK/Aussies) are normal and don't get fixed until the window is in danger of falling into the car. New ones are chipped/cracked the first winter.

Altitude sickness can happen, borderline desert, 8 feet high snow drifts (isn't that a contadiction?) We won't mention the spiders.

I had customers a couple of weeks ago up from Texas. They said they were here to hunt for Sasquatch.

No drop bears in MT. Beware of jackalopes. Real bears can climb trees...so can mountain lions (who do like dropping on their prey from above). Also watch out for rocky areas (snakes: Rattlers) and cactus and yucca, and blizzards and tornadoes and volcanos and earthquakes and avalanches and moose and .... (keeps the tourists to just tourists: they go back home). Oh yeah, and wolves and stampedes and hordes of marauding Indians and no running water or electricity (thank you Hollywood)
I've definitely been sliced by yucca and have had cactus needles stuck in me. What a true survivor! 😆

The thing is...I think the whole lot of us are pretty tough here...we endure lots of pecks and talon scratches on the regular 😉

I've definitely been sliced by yucca and have had cactus needles stuck in me. What a true survivor! 😆

The thing is...I think the whole lot of us are pretty tough here...we endure lots of pecks and talon scratches on the regular 😉
And then there's the losses. We have to be tough (physically, mentally, emotionally), persistent, stubborn, determined, occassionally broken (encouraged by friends like here)....the list foes on (autocorrect didn't fix that one? It is kinda appropriate).

They're spiky round plants (those leaves are SHARP) grow in gumbo (not the yummy stuff but the stuff that adds 10 pounds to each foot with every step) and are dangerous to fall into (the gumbo makes that a very real possibility). FWY, yucca are perennials, pollinated by yucca moths (specific type of moth), are similar to succulents in watering requirements (closer to cacti), and don't grow naturally east of the Mississippi (why they won't grow in New York City).

Potholes come in multiple sizes: Popus Tireus all the way up to Engulfus Carus. Cracks/chips in windshields (windscreen for the UK/Aussies) are normal and don't get fixed until the window is in danger of falling into the car. New ones are chipped/cracked the first winter.

Altitude sickness can happen, borderline desert, 8 feet high snow drifts (isn't that a contadiction?) We won't mention the spiders.

I had customers a couple of weeks ago up from Texas. They said they were here to hunt for Sasquatch.
Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom