Oh thank you - I needed that!
They seem to be looking more similar to each other now - or do I detect a slight difference in color?
They are beyond adorable - though I did notice a bit of feather pulling going on!

I need to go back out now and do more on my drainage ditch. Maggie and Diana have figured out that they can jump down into the ditch and follow it out under the fence to the big wide world.
The first time they did that (about an hour ago) they very sensibly took a look around, jumped back in the ditch and reversed direction and ran back to safety. But this means I need to finish my drainage project ASAP. I have some down time between calls so I have to get digging!
If they can figure a way out, the fox can figure a way in. I had no idea it was that open!

Sylvie has a lighter orange than Legertha and therefore seems lighter in color.

If they can figure a way out, the fox can figure a way in. I had no idea it was that open!

Sylvie has a lighter orange than Legertha and therefore seems lighter in color.
Oh yes. I am well aware of that.
But it is all outside the Chicken Palace now so when they are inside the Palace they should be secure.
The ditch is well outside the Chicken Palace and crosses the arbitrary line of deer fencing enclosing the long grass and preventing the Princesses from straying into the truly wild world of the field and the woods.
I don’t consider the long grass secure from predators so I am out with them or at least in the area.
Once the drainage is done then I can electric wire around the long grass which will be better, but never really secure because of the massive hawks that are around.

I’m taking Marie (new airplane name) out for a flight today. I just sent my neighbor Marie to Walmart to buy meally worms for my chooks. She also takes care of my chickens while I’m away . Rest In Peace Jeanette (I miss you terribly) :(
Oops, I meant Lorie not Marie. Why do I have Marie on my feathered mind lately?

Back
Top Bottom