Thank you! Ruby is vocalizing again! I just LOVE her voice. She also lets me cuddle her now. We’ve become pretty close.❤️

She is eating, drinking, pooping, foraging preening, roosting, and bossing around the lower ranked girls. My heart is full. ❤️

Now, yesterday I did feel the left-sided mass the vet spoke of. Today I can’t feel it and fear she may already be bloating, but we will see.

She’s so much stronger than last time, I think because last time I tubed her until her appetite returned AND because I tubed fluids the first two days post draining this time around. (sorry… patting myself on the back a bit here, but I’m just so pleased I have been able to help her.)

I think we’re at the point where I need to evaluate her ratio of good days to bad days. Right now she’s having good days and seems to understand the vet and I are helping her. I can’t believe how attached I’ve gotten to this girl!
Understandable. Feathered friends are much more than just objects. Anyone with a conscience will fall in love with their lovely birds. I love mine, you obviously love yours! Nuf said

Jiminy Cricket, timber is sooo expensive at the moment!
I was whimsically considering over the summer holidays trying to build something new for the girls to live in but I think my bubble has been burst 😳
And my yards are so full of lumber just going to waste (life isn’t fair):(

Jiminy Cricket, timber is sooo expensive at the moment!
I was whimsically considering over the summer holidays trying to build something new for the girls to live in but I think my bubble has been burst 😳
The fires took a lot of timber out of the supply chain :(

Piles of plywood, and wood stock from 2x2 to 4x10 (was here when I bought this property) so i kept all of it.
I've got some too but @Scrambles83 and I live too far apart for a delivery to be economical and also I'm keeping it for my own projects (soz scrambles xx)

I just got news that Lilly was breathing through her mouth.She wasn’t eating and drinking.Her eyes were closed.She’s on her 7th egg.We ate the other 6 because they weren’t fertile.I’ve no idea what happened and she couldn’t walk.A few miniutes later I just got news Lilly is nowhere to be found!she is not dead she’s idk if alive.Where could have she gone!?Era is frantically crowing.

I've got some too but @Scrambles83 and I live too far apart for a delivery to be economical and also I'm keeping it for my own projects (soz scrambles xx)
I don’t know why I’m up so early, but I’m kinda excited about my next excursion to New Mexico. I’m at my desk setting my flight plans. There is a lot to consider when I choose to take a trip. Road trip is what most people call it. My “road trips” are at around 8000ft at 280 mph. This type of freedom comes at a cost. Sadly, my life insurance plan says that I’m worth more dead than alive :th

Piles of plywood, and wood stock from 2x2 to 4x10 (was here when I bought this property) so i kept all of it.
Thanks guys. I’m devising a new plan as I write, one that might take all the cutting on measuring out of the job haha.
Buy a cubby house, assemble it and modify it for hens (paint it for weather, cover windows, add roosts and nesting boxes etc make a floor then elevate it a bit so they can get underneath) 🤔
Just an idea for the moment but possible it could work. Maybe it would be big enough for 2 more hens too 🤫🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m no chippy so it wouldn’t be anything spectacular but bigger and better than the prefab (which is getting old anyway)

Back
Top Bottom