Depression is setting in. Things out of my control. I can’t even control my emotions at the moment . I lost a good partner, I knew his family well! And on that one call, he saved my life, so many years ago. I do still carry a bullet wound, but OBVIOUSLY I’m not dead thanks to him. 👮‍♂️Rest In Peace my partner. I will be there as soon as I can!
yep too much drama for a chicken web site…… so what!

Shad, I can’t wait to watch their progress. This reminds me of an old thread I go back to from time to time when I need a refresher on focusing on flock wellness instead of illness (now would be a good time, actually, since there has been a lot of illness lately.)

I am not in the cull-all-sick-birds camp, but other than that, I find her husbandry fantastic to learn from… so wise and effective!

Oh, and I’d say photo #5 is definitely a Cream Legbar!
She's written some great stuff, a lot of it I agree with.

In your first set of birds without an established pecking order, how did you identify your top hen? What behaviors made that apparent?
I've gone on who gets to eat first in the setup I had.
But, what I found was different hens took up the lead role in different circunstances.
What can be difficult is sorting out between the top two hens. The top hen has the second in command to sort out the day to day problems and this can make the number two look like top hen.

Depression is setting in. Things out of my control. I can’t even control my emotions at the moment . I lost a good partner, I knew his family well! And on that one call, he saved my life, so many years ago. I do still carry a bullet wound, but OBVIOUSLY I’m not dead thanks to him. 👮‍♂️Rest In Peace my partner. I will be there as soon as I can!
yep too much drama for a chicken web site…… so what!
Grab hold of your Jaffar ;)

Back
Top Bottom