Wow, the littles are well camouflaged!🪖 I had trouble finding them (didn't cheat...but did have to check to be sure I was correct!)

That is very unnerving.:barnie..maybe a few hits with the Nerf Gun will make him look 👀 for more hospitable hunting grounds:fl.
I couldn’t find the littles in that picture, but I bet honestly, that a hawk could! I fear for those two little ones 😢

Back for More

Well, I know exactly what it was. It was a hawk and it is after the littles. Just as I posted the other post, it attack again. This time it was foiled because I surprised it. I was on the deck and saw it coming in. I jumped up and started after it causing it to alter its flight and land on the fence. It did not wait for me to reach out before flying away.

It is a juvenile hawk smaller than my full grown hens. The red tailed hawks which we have here are larger than a normal hen. Here is where the hawk landed.
View attachment 2872269

There must have been an alarm because the littles had time to hide. I did not hear it but I was bent on intercepting the attack.

The littles are hidden in this photo. Can you find them?
View attachment 2872275

The littles are now locked into the big run. I just can't risk them free ranging. I will try opening it up right before dusk. Mostly so Phyllis could roost there if she wanted. I guess I will be outside a lot for the foreseeable future.

I really don't know how to get rid of it aside from shooting with the nerf gun.

:he
Great camouflage but the hawk will get them if it sees them moving at all. Their mop tops are a disadvantage too. I agree, no free-ranging for now!

Wow, the littles are well camouflaged!🪖 I had trouble finding them (didn't cheat...but did have to check to be sure I was correct!)

That is very unnerving.:barnie..maybe a few hits with the Nerf Gun will make him look 👀 for more hospitable hunting grounds:fl.
Hopefully I get the chance to pop it a few times so it understands there is no hunting here. Otherwise, I'm not certain what I am going to do.

Oh Lord! And no, I only see one little hiding in the picture (and to see her I had to zoom in massively!).
Fortunately, they have excellent coloring to be camouflaged in the leafy area. They are very hard to spot. It is their white head poofs for which I look.

Shot through my front window a few minutes ago, would you believe its raining?!

20211020_093533.jpg

Back
Top Bottom