The day got even better. Once I had finished digging the trench and got the wire in the bottom I went and sat on the ground close to the run and trees where a few of the chickens were relaxing. I sit cross legged on the ground. I can get up without having to use my hands quickly if necessary from that position.
I haven't been sitting for long when Lima comes around from behind me, climbs onto my boot and settles herself in my lap, stick her head under her wing and stays there!
Of course I'm entranced and sit there looking at this strange brave hen who would be the keel bone test be pronounced dead having anap in my lap. When I look up, Lima's legbar friend is standing by my boot looking at Lima and five of the Ex Batts are sitting or standing around me close enough for me to breath on.
Henry comes over and after a bit of awkward shuffling around me he gingerly walks up to my knee and gives it a peck then makes the coo cooing sound he makes to his hens when he's talking to them nicely and walks away to join the others.

One of the problems I've had is getting to have a decent look at all the hens and of course Henry. Most people who keep chickens will know that you can have a handfull of chickens under your feet, but bend down to pick one up and there are gone!
I picked up six hens this evening.
That’s wonderful Shad. :hugs

Courtyard

the littles have not really found the courtyard until I let them out for surprised free range yesterday. With the hawk around I need to supervise their every moment. Here they are enjoying some leaves.

Of course, whenever new chickens find the courtyard, they get separated. :he :he

In the end, I had to gather Legertha up and take her to Sylvie. As always. :barnie

Courtyard

the littles have not really found the courtyard until I let them out for surprised free range yesterday. With the hawk around I need to supervise their every moment. Here they are enjoying some leaves.

Of course, whenever new chickens find the courtyard, they get separated. :he :he

In the end, I had to gather Legertha up and take her to Sylvie. As always. :barnie
Awww - so frantic to get back together!

Minnie eventually went to bed.
This new vet I like so much has helped to create a monster with her resuscitation idea of giving Minnie Gatorade. It is now Minnie's go-to last thing at night drink. I guess I can't tell her it will rot her teeth! :lau
Maybe it is OK for a while to make sure she is getting rapidly absorbed calories and electrolytes.

Here is the link to the scales I got:
https://www.amazon.com/Nicewell-Digital-Graduation-Stainless-Tempered/dp/B07S6F6LHQ

Well she has been out digging stuff up for many hours today and even flew about 15’ so I think she is doing OK on the exercise front. She is still outside (everyone else has gone to bed) and she just got a worm and had it all to herself. Will it wriggle its own way out of her crop or will I have to help with my morning massage?
Hmmm.
🤔
I think a massage might be best. :p :love

I had three neatly raked piles, then the chooks took interest. After two hours, I’m back to this mess! :barnie 89F66A6D-9CD3-4801-8D7E-DC5F7B13422C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom