Had a video chat with a niece today....she's a year and a half ish. She had to show me her new stuffed animal with a new word: Owl. I flipped the camera onthe phone and we went out to see my birds. They came running, so she got to watch them run up to the camera, clucking. She was saying "cuck cuck cuck cuck" with them. (That's her word for quack as they see ducks a lot, but it fits the chickens too). Then we worked on what a cat says as Castor came over and talked too. They're coming here next summer so I'm going to have a little helper feeding and collecting eggs (which she likes scrambled).

They see me and....

20211128_162018.jpg

Took a small scoop of scratch out for them and checked the coop again. 2 more eggs. Brings the total up to 8 today.(that's a record) Castor is hungry and wants dinner so followed me out there. As I returned the scoop to the bin, I glanced back out....just in time to see (and miss the pic) Storm chase Castor back to the house. Silver and Pear kept him penned up in his house most of the morning too. Fraidy cat!

Had a video chat with a niece today....she's a year and a half ish. She had to show me her new stuffed animal with a new word: Owl. I flipped the camera onthe phone and we went out to see my birds. They came running, so she got to watch them run up to the camera, clucking. She was saying "cuck cuck cuck cuck" with them. (That's her word for quack as they see ducks a lot, but it fits the chickens too). Then we worked on what a cat says as Castor came over and talked too. They're coming here next summer so I'm going to have a little helper feeding and collecting eggs (which she likes scrambled).

They see me and....

View attachment 2912580

Took a small scoop of scratch out for them and checked the coop again. 2 more eggs. Brings the total up to 8 today.(that's a record) Castor is hungry and wants dinner so followed me out there. As I returned the scoop to the bin, I glanced back out....just in time to see (and miss the pic) Storm chase Castor back to the house. Silver and Pear kept him penned up in his house most of the morning too. Fraidy cat!
Hey Castor, have no fear! :old :plbb

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
I'm so sorry Bob.
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Totally understand what you're saying, and respectful of it.

Sylvie is Gone

:hugs :hugs :hugs

Sylvie is Gone

💔:hugs💔 :hugs💔

Sylvie is Gone

:hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom