I did, 5 inches of snow and then ice for 12 hours, 45 mph winds, then snow. A break for a few hours and now it is snowing again.
Wow yep that's miserable enough for me! I think we might have been spoilt by the mild start to winter šŸ˜Š, now we are having a reality check! Ok well drive safe if you have to go out anywhere.

I was going to reply with the following:

When mononuclear infiltrates are found in the iris, the affected iris turns a pale tan to grey color instead of usual yellow and this is known as ocular lymphoma or "grey eye".

To me it is the color change more than irregularity that is the real telling factor. In neither of the examples below is the pupil truly irregular.

@RoyalChick I don't think I would put too much stock in diagnosing Marek's via just an irregular pupil. Supposedly the blood test for Marek's is very inexpensive. Next time you take her to the vet, ask them to test for it.
I agree with Bob likely not Marek's, I am thinking good thoughts at any rate, keep us posted please.

It isn't me, it is @micstrachan whose chicken may have an irregular pupil. But good to know, I can ask the vet to test Maggie at some point. Her balance is 1000% better than it was but still not perfect.
Maggie and I - a bit unsteady and prone to tipping over but we get by šŸ˜Š

It isn't me, it is @micstrachan whose chicken may have an irregular pupil. But good to know, I can ask the vet to test Maggie at some point. Her balance is 1000% better than it was but still not perfect.
@micstrachan who in your tribe are you concerned about?

I was going to reply with the following:

When mononuclear infiltrates are found in the iris, the affected iris turns a pale tan to grey color instead of usual yellow and this is known as ocular lymphoma or "grey eye".

To me it is the color change more than irregularity that is the real telling factor. In neither of the examples below is the pupil truly irregular.
[/SPOILER]

@RoyalChick I don't think I would put too much stock in diagnosing Marek's via just an irregular pupil. Supposedly the blood test for Marek's is very inexpensive. Next time you take her to the vet, ask them to test for it.
What I note about Flash compared with the lab pictures is how the lab pictures show very ragged, fuzzy, ill-defined pupil edges. Whereas Flash's are pretty clean and sharp.

I was wondering about the lighter color of the iris next to Flash's pupils, but I think that is probably normal - in looking at the pictures of Peanut and Hazel close up they too have a slightly lighter iris in the innermost areas.

If there's a problem it's very early with her.

Back
Top Bottom