Okay, here’s the rundown on the birds, who WILL snuggle up with me. The rest won’t (but changes every week ).
1. Rocks-Anne (always does)
2.little Coco
3. Dakota (every day)
4. Arizona (usually later in the day)
5. Shenandoah “Shanny” (sometimes)
6. Hen-Rietta (starting to warm up to me even closer)
I don’t count Jaffar, because he’s allowed to do what ever he wants. The rest of the chickens stay just out of hands reach even during hand feeding time (they eat from the ground)
I’m hoping that this was informative, it’s what I experience every day. :caf

Same here! They are very cooperative and it's been delightful watching them share the responsibility.

What happened after the ducklings and chicks hatched? Did the co-parenting continue or did one mum take over?
Co-parenting continued...it was super nice with the chicks because there were 2 to protect them with my large flock. The ducks always seem to just accept the ducklings just fine.

I dearly miss my little companions.

View attachment 2966220
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I agree, there is something about the bond you create when you get them little and they grow up with you. Even though adult hens can still become very close, it isn't the same as when you raise them from little peepers. :(

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
I agree, there is something about the bond you create when you get them little and they grow up with you. Even though adult hens can still become very close, it isn't the same as when you raise them from little peepers. :(
This is very true. It's very different.

Okay, here’s the rundown on the birds, who WILL snuggle up with me. The rest won’t (but changes every week ).
1. Rocks-Anne (always does)
2.little Coco
3. Dakota (every day)
4. Arizona (usually later in the day)
5. Shenandoah “Shanny” (sometimes)
6. Hen-Rietta (starting to warm up to me even closer)
I don’t count Jaffar, because he’s allowed to do what ever he wants. The rest of the chickens stay just out of hands reach even during hand feeding time (they eat from the ground)
I’m hoping that this was informative, it’s what I experience every day. :caf
I think you need to provide a good picture of each - with name labels, so we can SEE the snugglers and identify them.:D

(actually, just love seeing more chicken photos, so a good excuse. Plus, I have trouble identifying each rock, so next to each other photos to compare would help)

Anyone ever been to Key West Florida? I found out that they have many wild (Brown Leghorn) chickens roaming the streets there. So, I’m not feeling so bad about Beetov-Hen leaving us, she just wanted a vacation in Florida! :old:clap
I've always wanted to go. They have cats everywhere too! It seems like my kind of place. 😆

I think you need to provide a good picture of each - with name labels, so we can SEE the snugglers and identify them.:D

(actually, just love seeing more chicken photos, so a good excuse. Plus, I have trouble identifying each rock, so next to each other photos to compare would help)
I agree, pictures with the names please.

Who are you, the chicken police 👮‍♀️? You want mugshots of all my chooks! I promise you, they are innocent and they didn’t do it! They have me as a witness! :gig

Back
Top Bottom