Hi folks. Have missed you the last few days. Might have to move soon, and frantically looking for a place that would allow a dog and ten chickens. Found one, but it’s half the size of this with no garage. We’d have to get a HUGE storage unit for our ebikes, kayaks, gym equipment, lawnmowers, etc.
“Might have to move”. ? 🤔 is something going wrong with your housing situation

You may have a couple of things going on: broodiness, worms, roosters, not enough protein or you might have a feather picker in the flock. Do a check & see if anything clicks.
I am feeding grower to everyone, I think that should give them enough protein - what do you think?

I give oyster shell free choice and mixed with the grower.

Worms - yes a worry to me, but wouldn't the others also show signs? I can get Equvalan from the Vet - that would also take care of lice/creepy crawlies too. Do you have experience with that?

Broody - yes I was wondering as she has been spending time in the nest box making her 'The Exorsist' sounds 😆

Rooster - had an issue this morning with the Rooster-Brat, there was a huge kurfuffle and I got there for the end act were he was trying to breed her, had her squashed - I chased him off and was really freaked out when she seemed to not be able to walk straight.

After I calmed down I inspected her and noted the elastic on her apron was caught up between her wing feathers. Once I straightened it out she was fine.

But this freaked me out so much I locked the three silkies away in a stall away from Rooster-Brat.

I hate to get rid of Pangoo but he is three times the size of my wee gals, he is fine with the bigger ladies but I would have to keep the Silkies seperate if I keep him.

So yes leaning towards a combo of broody and over zealous Roo....

Will keep her separated from him now on, and monitor the feather situation.

Chickens who knew they were so much stress!

Snow!! :celebrate:celebrate:ya:ya:wee:wee:yesss::yesss:

Attachments

• 0F02300B-DCCB-43DA-9E5E-6B1BF45B315A.jpeg
    0F02300B-DCCB-43DA-9E5E-6B1BF45B315A.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 1
  • CD5C3D64-4642-40B5-9508-25DF3F0C0CEE.jpeg
    CD5C3D64-4642-40B5-9508-25DF3F0C0CEE.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 1
I'll send you some more if you like.... I get snow for m Nov to April.... 😣
wow! We rarely get snow like this! The locals say in 2006 we had a foot of snow, but since then, it’s never been that much. We got about 2-3 inches, thus beating the “record” of 2 inches from January 2018.

And I love pictures!

wow! We rarely get snow like this! The locals say in 2006 we had a foot of snow, but since then, it’s never been that much. We got about 2-3 inches, thus beating the “record” of 2 inches from January 2018.

And I love pictures!
Wow that's awesome! I dream of moving someplace where it doesn't snow 🙂 I guess if u don't get it often it is egg- citing, and yep it sure is pretty on the trees.

Back
Top Bottom