LOL, I read further and realized what you meant, but I deal with Veteran students. I thought SOP was 'Standard Operating Procedures', and thought Sydney didn't like that fact that everybody was segregated...that isn't how it is supposed to be.:lau:lau:oops:
That could well be the case too!

I just got home from buying chicken food. I got a short cut pellet that has a bit more protein to mix it up.
I got this one initially for them but Snow was getting a very messy butt so I changed to one that had a probiotic in it but was a normal sized pellet. Her butt has been better so thought I’d try this other one again and see.
Anyway, Belle in particular picks through the normal sized pellets and picks and chooses, when I put down some short cut ones just now she gave squeaks of delight when tucking in 🥰
It has made my day!
That's so great when they are excited like that. Great job greeting her something she loves. 👍

Humidity is now holding steady at around 45% so if nothing changes eggs are going in at 8pm my time. If all goes well February 16th I will hopefully have chicks hatching. There is also a slight chance where these are bantam eggs, and it has happened to me before anyway that I could see one hatch or start the process on valentines day.

I just got home from buying chicken food. I got a short cut pellet that has a bit more protein to mix it up.
I got this one initially for them but Snow was getting a very messy butt so I changed to one that had a probiotic in it but was a normal sized pellet. Her butt has been better so thought I’d try this other one again and see.
Anyway, Belle in particular picks through the normal sized pellets and picks and chooses, when I put down some short cut ones just now she gave squeaks of delight when tucking in 🥰
It has made my day!
Even though I did it for Poppy now that I've got the rest of the girls switched over to the smaller pellets they are not as picky and wasteful. Except Chiquita, every morning its the same thing. Fill her feeder and she manages to dump it and scatter it within minutes before she proceeds to eat every one off the ground.

Little naked Dotty is holed up in a dog crate in the garage. It is 35 degrees in there. I made her a little roost out of some scrap 2x4 and the crate is half covered by a blanket so I think she is warm enough.
Predictably she did peck me when I picked her up but she was half asleep so it wasn't too bad.
I noticed she is very skinny as well as naked. She has been eating but maybe not as much as usual.
I feel so bad for her.
I am hoping the others will be OK out in the Chicken Palace as they do have all their feathers. It is forecast to go down to 8 degrees F.

Roosting Time

Well it is one thing to roost together and preen. It is another thing completely to sleep together. The following video is 7 minutes long and it shows Betty roosting tonight. The end result is good but the process to get there is definitely the Fluffy Butt Acres way.

I'm sure you noted after watching the video that Phyllis acted the first time Betty roosted when Betty started edging down the roost towards her. Well Betty is certainly determined to roost close to Phyllis. Here is the final position after another 20 minutes went by. Betty just kept slowly edging down the roost towards Phyllis until she was about half way down. This is very encouraging. :love

The Cluckle Hut_20220126_174354.jpg

@Ribh @micstrachan @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @ChicoryBlue @LozzyR @Chicken poppy

Even though I did it for Poppy now that I've got the rest of the girls switched over to the smaller pellets they are not as picky and wasteful. Except Chiquita, every morning its the same thing. Fill her feeder and she manages to dump it and scatter it within minutes before she proceeds to eat every one off the ground.
I guess dirty food tastes better. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom