Good evening! I'd like to introduce our four new chicks, who are about 1 week old (The first 3 pictures were taken around 4 days old). They are all Rhode Island Blue (RIR X Australorp) X Rhode Island Red/Blue.

This is Jumbo. She got her name because she was a giant baby right out of shell. She reminds me of Hattie... I am convinced that she is a "him" but husband disagrees based on behavior.
jumbo.jpg

This is Coco (only temp name). She is already a super sweety. I think her gene is coming out as an Australorp.
coco.jpg

This is Baby (even more informal name as she is the last one to hatch). She looks like a typical RIR chick (maybe her color is a big lighter).
baby.jpg

Finally, we have Foxy! Look at his cute little tail. He is my husband's favorite and they take naps together. (This is why he is convinced he is a roo.)
foxyJC2.png

Good evening! I'd like to introduce our four new chicks, who are about 1 week old (The first 3 pictures were taken around 4 days old). They are all Rhode Island Blue (RIR X Australorp) X Rhode Island Red/Blue.

This is Jumbo. She got her name because she was a giant baby right out of shell. She reminds me of Hattie... I am convinced that she is a "him" but husband disagrees based on behavior.
View attachment 3119318

This is Coco (only temp name). She is already a super sweety. I think her gene is coming out as an Australorp.
View attachment 3119328

This is Baby (even more informal name as she is the last one to hatch). She looks like a typical RIR chick (maybe her color is a big lighter).
View attachment 3119330

Finally, we have Foxy! Look at his cute little tail. He is my husband's favorite and they take naps together. (This is why he is convinced he is a roo.)
View attachment 3119334
Well, hello there little ones. :frow

Well, as we know, in the chicken world friendship only goes so far.
These two Hooligans have been pushing the boundaries in exploring the Chicken Palace. Bernadette was unable to follow and was left behind on her own, bleating piteously.
These two got thoroughly pecked by Dotty and were in a complete panic. Bella pretty much crashed broadside into Maggie who just ignored her.
They are all now back at Hooligan HQ having a snack.
Unfortunately they seem to be losing interest in the mash I make them, so I need to rethink how to super dose the vitamin B2 as the mash has been my secret weapon.
View attachment 3118799
I know they look huge in this picture. Like full sized chickens. But even next to Minnie they are still quite tiny.

In other developments, Bella is growing a fine set of muffs and I think also a beard. It is almost impossible to get a good picture to share as there is an incorrigible photobomber on the team. Here is the best I have. WDYT?

View attachment 3118804View attachment 3118807View attachment 3118808View attachment 3118811
Hmmmm....what I think.....is........

your photo bomber is ADORABLE :lau:lau:lau:lau

seriously, yes, I think Bella is growing muffs and a beard!❤️

Hey everyone, some bad news. We’re getting rid of truffles on Monday. We found a great home for him with 16 hens and 0 other roosters, in a nice feild, think about 3-4 acres like ours. I still have lots of photos i’ll be sharing of him, but he wont be in the flock anymore. :(
I am attached to Truffles with just a few pictures that you've shared. It's sad but I am happy for him and I hope he finds true love there and gets accepted.

View attachment 3119318

View attachment 3119328

View attachment 3119330

View attachment 3119334
They are darling. 🥰

Thanks so much for sharing them. 😊

I am sad. Now all their photos will look like they are in prison with bars in front of them. :(
The installers hosed the metal filings into the garden… :he Iwish I’d thought to say something before they did that. I’ve picked up all the pieces I could find and blocked off the bottom of the path with fence panels.

The installers hosed the metal filings into the garden… :he Iwish I’d thought to say something before they did that. I’ve picked up all the pieces I could find and blocked off the bottom of the path with fence panels.
Do you have a magnet 🧲? I’m constantly finding nails, bolts, screws and other stuff in the yard where the chooks scratch around in. Lots of broken glass also 🙁 (but the property used to be a mechanics yard and dump site.

Back
Top Bottom