2fer Tuesday

Check out how close a pile of corn was able to lure Betty today! She is up on Phyllis' footstool.
20220524_072231.jpg

A 2fer with Sydney in the background.
20220524_072115.jpg

A surprise visit from Sydney with no violence!

20220524_072232.jpg

Meanwhile a pair eating from my hand.
20220524_072608.jpg

And Nest Box Neighbors from yesterday.
VideoCapture_20220524-073336.jpg

I just love you long grass photos. What an amazing place to be a chicken. 🥰

Has anyone else encountered the electric fence recently?
I think both Diana and Maggie have. They seem to be not going extremely close to it. But I have now given them such a huge space that they may simply not roam that far.
They now have a 260’ perimeter including two big trees.
And today is very exciting because I have been working up to planting some shrubs and today is the day. Of course I will have to keep them away from them until they are established. But it is another step towards my dream of having a chicken garden!

I think both Diana and Maggie have. They seem to be not going extremely close to it. But I have now given them such a huge space that they may simply not roam that far.
They now have a 260’ perimeter including two big trees.
And today is very exciting because I have been working up to planting some shrubs and today is the day. Of course I will have to keep them away from them until they are established. But it is another step towards my dream of having a chicken garden!
Marvelous. I'm so excited for you.

Betty and I are making progress today as well. With Phyllis hatching and Aurora laying this morning we have had some quality time together as Sydney and Hattie snooze.

20220524_090907.jpg

Still not eating from my hand but corn seems to be a good motivator.

Nap time
20220524_084519.jpg

I do not know personally of any flocks involved but there has been one producer around 30 miles from here that had to chill their entire flock.

If everyone is not aware there is a second flu variant on the loose and cases are skyrocketing. The vaccine was not designed for this second variant so a lot of people are getting really sick from it. My son in law and a good friend of mine have both had it recently and they were both vaccinated for the flu.
Oh how terrible, I had the flu shot at Christmas but it's likely not effective anymore, it doesn't have a long effect apparently, only about 3 to 4 months - just enough time to get you past normal flu season...

I have had two awesome years of not being sick and I LiKE it haha. I might wear a mask forever...

Also it hides my face during teams meetings and they can't see me rolling my eyes with my glasses on or my laughing or grimacing at them 😆😆😆 almost backfired the other day I was at home and started laughing during a teams meeting!!! Caught myself then told them I had to turn off video as my internet was bad hahaha bad Kelly!!! Love my mask teeheehee 😁

Back
Top Bottom