Twofer
20220519_102957~2.jpg
20220519_102944.jpg
20220521_185250~2.jpg

If they can sweep or blow the shavings off the walk, they can sweep or vacuum them up! I hate laziness like that. Our yard was trashed by the people before us burning all kinds of nasty stuff before they left. I still find burned nails etc in places.

Edited to add
Tiny metal shavings are also bad for human hands and cat feet!
Sweeping and blowing sound like really good ideas.

Marvelous. I'm so excited for you.

Betty and I are making progress today as well. With Phyllis hatching and Aurora laying this morning we have had some quality time together as Sydney and Hattie snooze.

View attachment 3121551

Still not eating from my hand but corn seems to be a good motivator.
Hmmm, seems the Sydney taught the newbie striped one ( you know, the BR wanna-be :lau) about the yummy purple corn. I don't see any purple on your foot stool!!:confused:

Seriously,, though, that is some REAL progress! And, even if I joke about her being a BR wanna be, she is lovely in her own right!:love (Having black & white stripes doesn't hurt, either!)

We have pretty much got over everything here, still have admissions to hospital but nothing of any concern. Mask use is pretty much done with, I sill wear as it's now the Influenza surging here!! Not to mention kids with snotty nosed 🙄 ewwwww!

Now it's that avian Flu worrying our poultry farms, I gave up trying to contain my gang. And I did allow the barn swallows to nest in the barn. But I have been chasing the geese away.

Has anyone out there heard of anyone affected by this avian flu? There are a couple small backyard flocks affected just south of me...
Not personally, but we are relatively insulated here by all the ferries. There have been several farms in the lower mainland though that have tested positive and are being culled. Such a waste. I’m not sure if there have been any reported cases on Vancouver Island yet, but the majority of our poultry is produced in the Fraser valley. So our Last long weekend kicked off trespasser/tourist season, and there was a blonde lady my mom was asking if we knew who she was (she stopped by the store and then fetched a jerry of gas for us on Saturday). My mom masked to go into the store because she’s 70 and it makes her feel better, and we have a lot of very strong vaccine opinions, elderly, and mask proponents here so it also “looks good for the neighbours” if you know the mentality. She accidentally made eye contact with this lady and got yelled at for “judging her” in the store. So The virus might be waning here, but the prejudice and volatile social climate hasn’t one bit.

Back
Top Bottom