I don't either, but if I know the main dish (beef, chicken, fish, pasta) I go to a local package store and ask employee for recommendation of a good wine to pair with XXX. They haven't steered me wrong yet (that I know of, anyways! I don't drink...)
The wine is for the host not the meal. Just get a good bottle. The host is not obligated to open it for that meal. It is a gift.

Well, they can go a couple of weeks unwashed on the counter. However, under Phyllis? I wouldn't go more than a day or two. They can go south fairly quickly at high temps - remember, Phyllis is one hot lady! (Forgot no roo...mine are fertile)
I can vouch for between 2-3 weeks under a hen an infertile egg is inedible, unless you are a Raven… or a chicken, once they turn the raccoons won’t eat them, and somewhere in there is usually when I start sniffing/candling if the broody will let me because an under hen explosion is 🤮

This is the prize shrub for the chicken garden. They don’t have access to it yet because it was only planted yesterday and needs to settle in. But I am very excited as it will provide nice hidey holes for them.
It is a weeping hemlock.
I also transplanted a couple of native multi stemmed magnolias that were badly eaten by the deer. Their shape is a bit too upright to be a really good hidey hole but thanks to the deer I think they are growing a bunch of lateral branches so will work quite well.
The chicken garden has been the big project I have been planning for a while so I am quite excited about it all.
Oh, and here is a Diana in the wild.
View attachment 3124774View attachment 3124775
Wonderful shrub. I love your outdoor chicken photos.

Thirsty Thursday:
it is Thursday right???
Yes, I risked my fingers to bring these littles out, and they haven’t quite figured out the waterer.
7E7A14DE-45FC-45C7-84C9-DA16BFB93DBC.jpeg

Grey Mama’s Brood on the other hand we’re a little quicker on the uptake…
B3886F3E-7F1B-4660-BF4A-14E1EFD69B99.jpeg

Although I did have to pull the little patchy light chick out several times, they all had a little sippy sippy eventually
89082CAC-7AC0-428E-BF59-9997AE24536B.jpeg

Here we go again… in the waterer
9C998605-F042-4C51-83B6-EE76003CB7C6.jpeg

Then the wild water started falling from above and I got everyone (littles and moms) back into the coop as we had a “goat related housing malfunction” with the meat chicks the required immediate fixing and meant they needed the tractor the day olds were going to get to explore a little more urgently. Jimmy… (all meat chicks survived un-injured but this was my afternoon project instead of camper painting)
B245F5F2-31E1-4D56-89CA-B464013F0B12.jpeg

Also the Geese are seriously considering joining the free range flock or possibly a hostile take over of the housing… they have also been venturing inside just to the feeder… and have decided my waterers are tastier than the pond (at least someone is drinking from them rather than puddles!)
AF83BEAE-CD68-417C-88F8-AC91A3E43E8A.jpeg

Everyone likes spaghetti! I let Arduinna have some last night because she is missing Daddy. He is going for a walk with us when he gets home regardless of weather and exhaustion… she needs quality time with her favourite human.
Very true, everyone loves spaghetti. The chickens went crazy over the amount of spaghetti I just gave them.

Thirsty Thursday:
it is Thursday right???
Yes, I risked my fingers to bring these littles out, and they haven’t quite figured out the waterer.View attachment 3125049
View attachment 3125055
Although I did have to pull the little patchy light chick out several times, they all had a little sippy sippy eventuallyView attachment 3125060
Here we go again… in the waterer View attachment 3125063
Then the wild water started falling from above and I got everyone (littles and moms) back into the coop as we had a “goat related housing malfunction” with the meat chicks the required immediate fixing and meant they needed the tractor the day olds were going to get to explore a little more urgently. Jimmy… (all meat chicks survived un-injured but this was my afternoon project instead of camper painting)View attachment 3125064
Also the Geese are seriously considering joining the free range flock or possibly a hostile take over of the housing… they have also been venturing inside just to the feeder… and have decided my waterers are tastier than the pond (at least someone is drinking from them rather than puddles!)View attachment 3125066
Little chicks drinking! :love :love :love

Thirsty Thursday:
it is Thursday right???
Yes, I risked my fingers to bring these littles out, and they haven’t quite figured out the waterer.View attachment 3125049
View attachment 3125055
Although I did have to pull the little patchy light chick out several times, they all had a little sippy sippy eventuallyView attachment 3125060
Here we go again… in the waterer View attachment 3125063
Then the wild water started falling from above and I got everyone (littles and moms) back into the coop as we had a “goat related housing malfunction” with the meat chicks the required immediate fixing and meant they needed the tractor the day olds were going to get to explore a little more urgently. Jimmy… (all meat chicks survived un-injured but this was my afternoon project instead of camper painting)View attachment 3125064
Also the Geese are seriously considering joining the free range flock or possibly a hostile take over of the housing… they have also been venturing inside just to the feeder… and have decided my waterers are tastier than the pond (at least someone is drinking from them rather than puddles!)View attachment 3125066
I just love the little one in the water. Why not just stand in what you are drinking? 🤣

Back
Top Bottom