Camping

The Rascals decided to camp out tonight, essentially they were too lazy to walk up the ramp. Or confused. :confused:

I'm sure it is because I moved them down there and they did not go down on their own. So I moved them back up to the coop to sleep in case it rains. I don't want them to get wet. Hopefully in the morning they will find their way down to the food and water.

View attachment 3162308
Awwwww they look so cozy there 💖

Wow she has these huge eyes! I bet she knows how to use them to get her way with you!!
She is a gorgeous big hen and a good friend.

But at least Peggy became quite unwell and nearly died because she developed FLHS from too many treats, so I have no trouble resisting appeals for snacks and keeping the flock on a healthy diet.

Coffee is brewing. The next few days will be interesting. 37F this morning, predicted to hit 90F by Monday. 32F and feels like 28F at work this morning. Glad it warms up by the time I get there and glad the Littles like to snuggle together. The Bigs like their space, so winter will be fun :barnie. The challenges of growing anything around here.

Recent pics of the hobbit lot.
20220622_195237.jpg

Belladonna

20220622_195224.jpg

Asphodel

20220622_195218.jpg

Mera

20220622_195204.jpg

Hector, Asphodel checking out my toes, they're getting bolder

20220622_195150.jpg

Asphodel is down right curious

20220622_195228.jpg

Mera and Primula

Nox was off exploring....directly behind me. It's unusual for these 6 to be so close. The adults usually crowd in, but I didn't bring treats so they headed for bed while these played a bit longer.

Coffee is brewing. The next few days will be interesting. 37F this morning, predicted to hit 90F by Monday. 32F and feels like 28F at work this morning. Glad it warms up by the time I get there and glad the Littles like to snuggle together. The Bigs like their space, so winter will be fun :barnie. The challenges of growing anything around here.

Recent pics of the hobbit lot.View attachment 3162464
Belladonna

View attachment 3162465
Asphodel

View attachment 3162466
Mera

View attachment 3162467

View attachment 3162468

View attachment 3162469
Mera and Primula

Nox was off exploring....directly behind me. It's unusual for these 6 to be so close. The adults usually crowd in, but I didn't bring treats so they headed for bed while these played a bit longer.
They are such a pretty lot!!😍

I really like it when they hang around and keep me company (even when it means tripping over them, or lifting one with the shovel because they are on the dirt/compost I'm in the middle of digging!)🥰🥰

She is a gorgeous big hen and a good friend.

But at least Peggy became quite unwell and nearly died because she developed FLHS from too many treats, so I have no trouble resisting appeals for snacks and keeping the flock on a healthy diet.
Yes I understand, a couple of my old horses have weight issues, I put them on a practically starvation diet, they look much better and move better.

My hens are in pretty good shape they are very active running around the barn, jumping all over everything, pooping everywhere 😁....

Your gal reminds me of Penelope 💖

Recent pics of the hobbit lot.View attachment 3162464
Belladonna

View attachment 3162465
Asphodel

View attachment 3162466
Mera

View attachment 3162467

View attachment 3162468

View attachment 3162469
Mera and Primula

They have lovely feather patterns. Good that they are interested in your company.
🥰

Back
Top Bottom